Rotary comparison at MF, by the numbers.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Here are some charts of the actual card counts. You can see the categories, and the votes that were placed. The only comment I make is that it seems that the accuracy of the "shootout" is skewed a bit by the manner in which each participant voter applied his/her objectivity and effort. As well, it should be noted that some categories should be weighted more heavily than others, as each user has his own subjective criteria for purchase. As well, the mere existence/non-existence of categories themselves will find reason for debate.

Boxes highlighted GREEN are top scores. Other color boxes are voting anomalies.

Click on a picture for larger view...

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Jimbo

Nice work, Shawn!

Perhaps Mr Wheelwright can send you the figures from previous MF Testing for a critical Double hermeneutic examination of the facts evidenced by the testing.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'd like to know how anyone could evaluate "drying performance " with 20-some Yawks spraying water all over ragss in a parking lot??
Same with cleaning performance

or did everyone have their own roached rag to call their own??

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Shawn Forsythe

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What strikes me though, is how insignificant, percentage wise, the difference is.

The first chart (between last- 6.95 to first- 7.15) the difference is 3%.
The second chart (between last 6.52 to first 7.16) the difference is about 9%
Less if you compare first to second or to third.

We'll just need more feedback coming from the field, as more people use the 360, Hoss & T-Rex. (The RX- 20 has been around forever.)

The opinion of those that use both will be particularly helpful.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'd through out the dude who voted 2 across the board for an rx20 thats just bogus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Like I said I didn't try them all so I didn't vote, the criteria of dry times, soil removal all the above would have been to difficult to gauge on 4 different carpet with different soil levels.

not saying some didn't give it the college try, but I know a guy from my area who use a rotovac,and was there he's probably biased towards the 360.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mikey P

Administrator
I had a long talk with Cu last night about the Trex.

He told me he thinks the carbon tube is not left over Bentley tubes. Good news.

He also told me that there was one or two parts that were upgraded after he found some weak spots, more good news.

There are still too many unknowns for me to consider buying one or recommending a Trex to the members here.

Hopefully one of you brave souls gets one soon and lets us know how it holds up.

Like I said, I have no doubt that it does clean and dry phenomenally, but for $2500 I want it to last over five years minimum and with all that plastic, I have serious doubts.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Mikey,

We should have a torque "adjusted" T-Rex in Fremont today, if you want to see what it looks like after 3 days of demos. Call Richard to make sure it made it on the truck, first.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
I had a long talk with Cu last night about the Trex.

He told me he thinks the carbon tube is not left over Bentley tubes. Good news.

He also told me that there was one or two parts that were upgraded after he found some weak spots, more good news.

There are still too many unknowns for me to consider buying one or recommending a Trex to the members here.

Hopefully one of you brave souls gets one soon and lets us know how it holds up.

Like I said, I have no doubt that it does clean and dry phenomenally, but for $2500 I want it to last over five years minimum and with all that plastic, I have serious doubts.
Sorry the phone went dead , but after 6 hrs on the line the phone had enough of you and died.
I don't think the carbon tube is not from a Bentley ..I Know for a fact it's Not a Bentley tube.
And yes the pre -production model had some weak spots which where addressed in the production models .

the black nylon/ fiber composite housing around the cleaning head is very strong is non marking and and can take a bang from the base board with no problem . The only other plastic is at the Handel and I don't understand how your going to break it unless you go at like a brick layer trying to ice a wedding cake.
My two guys have used the T-Rex without damaging it pulled it in and out of a ford econoline. And the sprinter
and they are using it in apartments 1st 2 nd and 3 rd floors. They get paid on commish so they ain't gonna hang around.

I don't know what you mean by " to many unknowns" It's a rotary made by Mytee who will stand behind what they make. Cleans phenomenally on all types of carpet. If you are scared of your crews breaking it ....you might want to teach your crews respect of equipment.

Both the hoss and the T - Rex we can both find fault with either machine . But for me the T-Rex cleans better and is better value over all and not just because you get a power cord with it. But the protective cover, changeable heads( coming) speed control etc...and a free Power Cord. But that's just me I could be wrong But I'm not.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm sure it cleans great Cu.

But so does the HOSS, which didn't feel like it was going to split in two when I did my Heal test in Vegas.

Knowing Mytee's quality control issues, I'll consider buying one when the serial number exceeds 1000.

BTW, 20 or so HOSS units were sold during the MB promotion this week..

I find that to be an amazing number considering it's February.

ps, if you can't scrape together the bones for the $2400 price this month, PM Bruders and I bet he lets you score one for that price in March as well. :rockon:

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
I'm sure it cleans great Cu.

But so does the HOSS, which didn't feel like it was going to split in two when I did my Heal test in Vegas.

Knowing Mytee's quality control issues, I'll consider buying one when the serial number exceeds 1000.

BTW, 20 or so HOSS units were sold during the MB promotion this week..

I find that to be an amazing number considering it's February.

ps, if you can't scrape together the bones for the $2400 price this month, PM Bruders and I bet he lets you score one for that price in March as well. :rockon:
Mine never feels like it gonna split . And I don't disagree the hoss cleans great and that all it can ever do, the T-Rex cleans better( for me) and you will be able to clean other surfaces in the future whit changing the head

sapphire also can have quality control issues Ask me how I know. Or the hose on the furniture tool, the sight tube on the hoss.

All companies have qc problems

20 sold. Hope he gives you a % . If I can scrape $2400 bucks this month. Tammy has plans for that money

Mikey P

Administrator
no percentage what so ever.

just a beni of being a advertiser here.

Sure all companies has QC issues, some of just far more chronic about it.

I think you and I are both smart enough to know never buy the first run of anything new, rug sucking equipment, cars, cell phones, condoms..

FredC

Village Idiot
I don't think the question is if the unit CU is using...or Paul Brown.........is overspraying like crazy or doesn't spin on plush. John already stated elsewhere that the problems seen at MikeFest were issues with production units...not the beta models

The question is do the 150+ units sent out already do it? ...or more importantly....Will the next 150 sent out do it?

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
I don't think the question is if the unit CU is using...or Paul Brown.........is overspraying like crazy or doesn't spin on plush. John already stated elsewhere that the problems seen at MikeFest were issues with production units...not the beta models

The question is do the 150+ units sent out already do it? ...or more importantly....Will the next 150 sent out do it?

really. How big is the stick you got to stir the pot
i text Mikey' a pic today of a guy we know using the T-Rex on what had to be 60oz plush with no problem even at 1/2 speed
if somebody is using a T -Rex and having problems with the jets over spraying if they don't want to call Mytee they can call me
they are very easy to set .

i really don't think it will take Mytee long to out sell the other makes out there Like I told mike last night .if Murphy's law was going to hit John. It was going to be at MF and it did

Your never going to buy a t-Rex Fred so don't lose to much sleep over any of the next 150 or even 2000 units yours ain't in there .

FredC

Village Idiot
really. How big is the stick you got to stir the pot

How big....average length....quite thick...and long lasting.....

i text Mikey' a pic today of a guy we know using the T-Rex on what had to be 60oz plush with no problem even at 1/2 speed

I have a pic of a purple unicorn too....

if somebody is using a T -Rex and having problems with the jets over spraying if they don't want to call Mytee they can call me
they are very easy to set .

Probably best. At least you will acknowledge an issue without being "forced" into it. You probably won't just say "oh its recovering that".

i really don't think it will take Mytee long to out sell the other makes out there Like I told mike last night .if Murphy's law was going to hit John. It was going to be at MF and it did

Murphy's Law? Yeah thats it...and I have no doubt youre right...just as Fendi knock offs outsell the real thing 100:1 I'm sure

Your never going to buy a t-Rex Fred so don't lose to much sleep over any of the next 150 or even 2000 units yours ain't in there .

You're right about that too. Rotary extractor may be a different story though.

FredC

Village Idiot
on a serious note...

CU you seem to take any negative feedback about the Mytee Trex as an assault on your integrity as a beta tester for Mytee Products.....its not.

I stated in my previous post that John has already acknowledged elsewhere that the production units may have problems that your unit did not have. I have no doubt that your unit performs exactly as you say but the fact is until you go buy one fresh off the distributor floor your opinion of the Mytee T-rex performance is no more valid than mine.

Only now are they "problems" though. At MikeFest John's answers to the torque and overspray issues were "your'e using it wrong" and "its recovering that".

John appears to have been notified by a distributor that his unit had an adjustable torque value. Not sure the status of the jets other than to say another distributor stated that there were EXTREME inconsistencies in the jet spray angles.

If you don't think there is a valid reason for bringing these issues to the public's attention I don't know what else to say. Hell...it was John's idea for a shootout.

I'd like to lay out a timeline for you as well as clear up some things that have been stated about MB/MF...but to do so would betray confidence and reveal things Mytee has not yet made pubic to my knowledge.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Did anyone ever figure out why that circuit board was set at the speed it was and did/will it effect anything long term.....what did it do the the motor amps......?????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom