Rotary Dri Master or RX20 ?

redbird

I like features of both machines,,, Dri Master getin under furniture,. RX 20 being able to do carpet and hard surface.......Anyone have or used both?

What do you think of the quality and benefits of each ? If you could have only one, what would it be?

Thanks Jim

D

David Day

I have 1 RX-20, 1 RX-20HE, 2 RDM's . Both have there place if I could only have one it would a RX-20. RX-20HE will bounce on some carpets but will dry carpet faster. RX-20 Cleans faster but is a vaccuum hog but I see you an AT, No problem. RDM's work well on very long hose runs because cfm is not that inportant to clean well. If carpet is real dirty, RDM's are slow at best, But if light soil they can be fast with very fast drying times, also very good at picking up dog/cat hair woven into carpet (what a vaccuum will not pickup) Its not better or worse just another tool in toy box.

David Day

redbird

David,

What kind of dry times could I expect with the RX 20 considering the AT ?
I use fans and have dry to the touch before I leave the job now.

Most of my jobs are residential and under 200 ft of hose so I wouldn't think vacuum would be a problem. Is the RX 20 better on commercial carpet or plush and berbers?

Is the RX20 too high for residential work considering going under stationary furniture?

Thanks for your info. Jim

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the RX-20 beats the RDM POS hands down..............

when I was running the CDS I glided the RX (old style head is the best)
I would per spray and RX into the room and then remove it and grab the wand and cut in the edges and dry stroke it (the carpet) on the way out

it would leave the carpets slightly damp.......

When I was using it (before it broke) with the Vortex.because of the recovery I did not have to dry stroke it (the carpet)........I would just use the wand to cut in the edges..................

another advantage of the RX is it can be used for more then one thing...
you can get different type of heads/drive blocks for it.......

I used my RX on all types of carpets..great tool for CGD and Berbers.....

TimP

I have an RX and when I first started it was all I used. I went with the advice of quite a few on here and purchased a greenhorn wand from green glides (you have to call to order it). I now use the RX to mechanically scrub jobs and rinse with the greenhorn. It speeds up jobs and leaves them dryer. I was seeing dry times under 6 hours with the rx-20 he without having to do dry strokes I never was aware that it was necessary. Now if I had a commercial job in the multi thousand ft range and flat concrete I'd just use the RX 20 for less fatigue. But pushing a hole glided wand is pretty easy and faster so that's what I usually do.

RickL

RX20 or RDM

David is right on they both have there place the. The only other thing I can think of other then what Dave (but he kind of covered it) said is the RDM will make up for a weaker machine such as a #3 blower. But that certainly doesn't apply to you!! I love those AT's!!

redbird

Anyone have the Rotovac 360 ? How does it compare the the other rotary machines?

Back
Top Bottom