Rotary Machines and Tendonitis

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Anybody else have arm and elbow problems from running rotary machines?

Last edited:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I can use a GREEN-GLIDED (God bless Lisa!) wand all day, but holding a rotary in the required positions aggrivates my tendonitis. Yes, I know how to run a rotary.

I've worn BAND-IT (www.banditusa.com) rigid plate arm bands for many years. They really work.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Wait... I thought a rotary was supposed to save me from tendinitis!

None of the tools will.
Most damage is done because of:

• Putting too much stress at a given joint.
  • Holding that body part (wrist, thumb joint etc.) in the wrong angle.
  • Repetitious movement. Which we all do thousands of times a day.

So, choose your poison, as all the tools will eventually cause issues, only for different parts of your body. It may boil down to which part can take more abuse before being damaged. And you may want to address it (yes, you studs also) before it reaches that stage.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Using the Rotovac 360i is much easier on my body for sure. Forearms get a limit burnt but much better then back

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you are over working your elbows....arms and shoulders....then you are not setting the height correct...there should be no weight on your arms the machine should sit flat and the handle rest on the top your leg...just a slight up and down to drive it...if you have it set correct the thing will practically run itself with very little effort from you..there is no real repetitive movement that would cause you any type of Tendinitis.....or any other problems......

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've had "trigger finger" for years. I still have it but it has improved since using my RE for the last year or so.

The Clean Machine

Name
Marcus
Never had a problem with the rx20 motion causing joint pain..but the wand put me out with a pinched nerve......for years
Went to a zipper wand and it solved it 100 percent...
Cap

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom