Rotary Shoot-out

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
A few thoughts on what happened
The shoot out was 60 seconds clean and 60 seconds dry. Now I didn't feel the carpet when done so maybe some can way in on that but some had told me about dry but I will give you a quick perspective on the cleaning.

The Rotovac 360i was easy to operatate made things look clean and coasted along with ease. Much better than my rv 360 but after cleaning inspection was clearly outcleaned by the other two machines. From talking to the guys it was the second dryest very close to the dryest

The RX-20 was the clear winner in terms of cleaning. One pass cleaning ate it up but was clearly the wettest and heaviest to handle. Going one direction but bringing it back the otherway compared to the Hoss and 360i was difficult. The wetter carpet may be because I cleaned for the entire 60 seconds and maybe did not have to do that.

The Hoss is going to be a great machine when worked out what few kinks it had. It was heavy but easy to maneuver took longer to clean than others because the swirl marks of dirt because its flow seemed to be off. It ran rough because the gearing of suspension but overall was a great machine. Did get the carpet as clean as the RX-20 and was the dryest overall but production will go much faster with more flow or relocating the jets and giving the bottom a little more float so it isn't like running a hard bottom on the floor. Its weight makes that feel that way. When I mentioned this they said it was already being taken care of.

So as of right now cleaning we have a winner in RX-20 but with a few tweaks the Hoss I think will be a combination of the good in the RX20 and the 360i and is the future. So if you have the $$$$ and don't mind lugging 67lbs vs 39lbs or the monster RX20 wait for the Hoss and make sure you demo it to make sure the feel is right for you. It is truly taking the best of both and improving. That sucker will last forever also

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Bundy said:
A few thoughts on what happened
The shoot out was 60 seconds clean and 60 seconds dry. Now I didn't feel the carpet when done so maybe some can way in on that but some had told me about dry but I will give you a quick perspective on the cleaning.

The Rotovac 360i was easy to operatate made things look clean and coasted along with ease. Much better than my rv 360 but after cleaning inspection was clearly outcleaned by the other two machines. From talking to the guys it was the second dryest very close to the dryest

The RX-20 was the clear winner in terms of cleaning. One pass cleaning ate it up but was clearly the wettest and heaviest to handle. Going one direction but bringing it back the otherway compared to the Hoss and 360i was difficult. The wetter carpet may be because I cleaned for the entire 60 seconds and maybe did not have to do that.

The Hoss is going to be a great machine when worked out what few kinks it had. It was heavy but easy to maneuver took longer to clean than others because the swirl marks of dirt because its flow seemed to be off. It ran rough because the gearing of suspension but overall was a great machine. Did get the carpet as clean as the RX-20 and was the dryest overall but production will go much faster with more flow or relocating the jets and giving the bottom a little more float so it isn't like running a hard bottom on the floor. Its weight makes that feel that way. When I mentioned this they said it was already being taken care of.

So as of right now cleaning we have a winner in RX-20 but with a few tweaks the Hoss I think will be a combination of the good in the RX20 and the 360i and is the future. So if you have the $$$$ and don't mind lugging 67lbs vs 39lbs or the monster RX20 wait for the Hoss and make sure you demo it to make sure the feel is right for you. It is truly taking the best of both and improving. That sucker will last forever also

No rotary vs 175 or OP + wand comparison?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I picked up the HOSS and it just seamed lighter than it was.

Hoody and I weighed it just to make sure and it was right at the 70 lbs mark.

I didn't get a chance to clean with it.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Brian R said:
I picked up the HOSS and it just seamed lighter than it was.

So could it be hauled up a flight of steps without ones back breaking.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think so. I carry the 175 around all the time and the HOSS would be alot easier

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
but after cleaning inspection [the 360i]was clearly outcleaned by the other two machines. From
The RX-20 was the clear winner in terms of cleaning.

Mikey P said:
I pretty much saw what Greg did.

dumbass
I should of drove all thru the night to get there Saturday morning to take your $500.
I KNOW what the RX20 will do compared to a rotoscrub and extract

..L.T.A.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Meat I am not so sure. I have switched up the way we do residential and have had excellent results rotovac then wand

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Chris Adkins said:
[quote="Brian R":38g3jhxu]I picked up the HOSS and it just seamed lighter than it was.

So could it be hauled up a flight of steps without ones back breaking.[/quote:38g3jhxu]

I'm not sure they could put larger wheels on it if needed instead of lifting....but really it didn't seem that heavy at all.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bundy said:
I have switched up the way we do residential and have had excellent results rotovac then wand

I don't doubt that one bit, Greg
especially if it's the original twin head RV , which gives tremendous agitation due to the design of the cast vac slots

Our shoot out was to be a 360i alone vs a rotoscrub AND wand extract
I already know thru my own experience an RX20 alone can't beat a rotoscrub and flush/rinse wand extract

and I'm not saying the 360i isn't a good cleaning tool either
I KNOW the RX20 is.

Just that "Board deJuor" items tend to take on a life of their own and quickly rise above reality .
A Superstar gets one and raves about it during the honeymoon period (could be any chem or product) and 20 followers parrot the same line...whether they have a clue or not

The board deJour phenomenon is an amazing thing
and a windfall for the manufactures of such product ...at least for a little while til reality is restored

Did you know that the Recoil was once THE top porty during it's board deJour dayz??
Did you know there was once a long line of guys waiting to spend $700 for a $79 barn fan with magic plastic louvers?
Guys wresting with 2.5" vac hose that makes little no difference on "normal" hose runs
$200+ for vac relief valves that do the same job as a more reliable $69 spring relief

Did you know that guys were willing to mortgage their house and/or get in WAY over their head for a fcking carpet cleaning truck called a Vortex??? ..that would SURLY change their lives forever :roll:
and it did a few ...it put 'em under water and out of biz...

there are many, many more examples of the board deJour phenomenon
the 360i is just another to add to the list

..L.T.A.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
meAt said:
Bundy said:
I have switched up the way we do residential and have had excellent results rotovac then wand

I don't doubt that one bit, Greg
especially if it's the original twin head RV , which gives tremendous agitation due to the design of the cast vac slots

Our shoot out was to be a 360i alone vs a rotoscrub AND wand extract
quote]

For some reason the twin counter rotating head Rotovac isn't even being considered in the what cleans best category. Why is that?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Yes the original rotovacs are on the trucks and used every job Loren. I think the agitation and cast housings make them little heat bubbles The 175 was just too heavy for the techs on every job. I would like to point out again what a shitty company Rotovac is though. They didn't even show because they got themselves a taste of franchise meat so who needs the little guys who supported them. You see what i got for being a loyal customer for 7 or 8 years

I will say the RX-20 ripped through the soiled carpet like it insulted its mama

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Chris Adkins said:
[quote="Brian R":31wzmnsi]I picked up the HOSS and it just seamed lighter than it was.

So could it be hauled up a flight of steps without ones back breaking.[/quote:31wzmnsi]

Yeah my tiny ass lifted it no problem. That lil strap on the front I think will help your back carrying it up and down stairs. The weight seemed distributed evenly so there was no awkwardness in lifting it.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i love the original rotovac, even with the small tube it leaves the carpet dryer then a wand, glided or unglided.

gene

DannyD

All 3 seemed to do a pretty good job. I didn't try any of em out, so no clue as to how they handled. I'll take Greg's word on it. The rotovac strip seemed to be the driest of the 3 though.

What I noticed at the end was when the tape was pulled up. There were a couple of strips of dirt where the tape had been. One of those strips was went over w/ an OP machine. Of the 3 machines, which one was cleaner was tough to tell. The OP machine was a definate 4th place though.

I OP for the most of the jobs I do. For the most part it does a pretty decent job. There are exceptions though. The dirt left by the OP machine after the 3 machine challenge is the exact type thing where I'd bring out my portable steam & touch those spots up.

If someone cares enough, eventually everything that's gonna come up will come up. I can see where any of the 3 machines would do it more efficiently though. I'm just not sure which of the 3 would be most efficient.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom