RotoBrush repo's at all time high. RamAir costs less

Name
George Valliant
What a ball and chain that thing is. Anyone else get stung? Or, are you making loads of money with it like thier website claims? That new Ram Air looks pretty sweet. Anyone got one? HOw's it work?

Name
George Valliant
I'm sorry. Rotobrush is an expensive duct cleaning system and their website www.rotobrush.com makes claims about how much money you will make with it. The whole systems will run you about $14,000.00 . If you contact them with any questions the high pressure sales tactics kick in untill your hooked, line sinker and all.

Now, if you want into duct cleaning the Ram Air system looks really good and cost less than $1000 bucks.

Ram Air looks like it might be faster than rotobrush. I'm thinking about getting one just for the fun of it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I know what the rotobrush is. It is the repo part that wasn't explained.

Ramair is J-U-N-K

breathe72

they are BOTH a joke.

roto-junk is and always has been a joke.

ram air is just more of a joke.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
So, tell us more about the repossession of junk.

Please :lol:

Ooroo,

:roll:

Greenie

Since we're on this topic, is there a portable (electric) duct cleaning system that ISN'T a complete waste of time and money?

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Greenie

There are a couple of different companies that make portable equipment that would allow you to clean to NADCA specifications. Nikro has some good systems as well as Abatement Technologies. The larger machines are capable of producing over 4500 cfm. With the correct tools and training you can clean a residential or commercial system.

Two two above mentioned systems are nothing more than a bunch of fluff.

www.nikro.com

www.abatement.com

John Buxton

An electric hepa vac combined with a good compressor can do a good job. Its just like cc equipment, if its portable it takes longer and isnt as convenient or powerful.

Rotojunk sucks dont buy it.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I was interested in the roto brush at one time so I had a local company who had one come out and clean the ducts

never again, house was full of dust the first time I turned on the furnance

so a couple of years later I had one of those big duct cleaning trucks come out, no comparision

kind of like you guys that say you can clean just as good with a portable, it just takes longer :shock: :roll:

Walt

Ram air is WAY more than 1000 bucks- Once you get the compressor and additional hose. I've done a few with it. You can get a ton out of ducts - it's really impressive. But I just don't feel right about it - I'm sure there are areas I can't get to.

Anybody want to buy one. And a compressor?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greenie said:
Since we're on this topic, is there a portable (electric) duct cleaning system that ISN'T a complete waste of time and money?

We like the Abatement Tech. 2500 CFM portable system(prefilter & bag filter).

The Goodway 1500 System with strap brush is also a good tool.

It can be hooked up to a large TM with a special vacuum package.

Larry

G

You show (in person) an electric one that can produce anywhere near 4500 cfm and I will show you a salesman,I had a 20hp pulling 5000.

Walt

Greenie said:
Please stop buying shit out of magazines.
Thank you.
(your better judgement)

The guy who makes RamAir is a local. I talked to him on the phone before I bought it. I cleaned my own air ducts with the RAM Air system. I was astonishing how much I got out. No visable dust come out of the vents when I was done.

From what I can see the RamAir does a decent job. The real issue is - I don't know what I am doing. I don't know if I am doing a good job or not. More training would be necessary.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I have not used the Ram air or Roto junk, but I used Abatement technologies for a few years. I would highly recommend it. It is quality stuff.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I've used the Rotobrush and the Goodway system and the Ram Air. Ram Air is defitiely the best of the three. It gets a lot more dust out of the duct work, does not hang-up inside the bends and corners, does not catch on sheet metal screws and dmage the duct.

Ram Air is not the equal of units in the $20,000 to $100,00 price range. WOuld be follish to expect that. But it does a good job for the money.

As stated above Ram Air package is $1,000. That includes a lot of marketing materials. You will also need an air compressor and a Dust Downer an for most situations aditional air hose. Total investmetn will be around $2,000.

Some training materials come with the Ram Air. They could be a lot better. Additional training is being worked on now. It will be added to the package early next year and made available to current owners who ask for it.

Scott Warrington

I used the air care system(push-pull w/negative air machine) for 5 years and love it...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is what I would buy if I need a electric machine for residential use.

The Ultralite II produces 3100 CFM with all filtration and weighs just 198 pounds. The power of the reverse incline fan provides superior air flow at elevated static pressures. Depending on the job requirements, a dual fan unit can operate in single or dual mode.

ULTRAPIC.jpg

John Buxton

If I get back into duct cleaning which I may have to since cc business sucks now, I would go with a gas powered portable. As close to a truck mount without the cost.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John this is the one we've used for the last five years.
It's a great unit, and it's been hassle free.

However I would like to move up to a CaddyVac or Biltell this spring.

Improve our production time to where we can do two a day instead one one that takes 5-hours.

porta_vac.jpg

bnovacv3c.jpg

Greenie

If Ducts are like Carpets, you should be able to find a used Truck for 1/2 of what it sold for new with low hours this winter.
So....what do they go for new?

also:

This pic looks like you'd be trying to lift a refrigerator on that dolly?

ULTRAPIC.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom