Rotory woes

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Ever had a custy ask why you arent using the spinning thing this time?

Sometimes your need a rorory and sometmes you dont. But if they have had it once they think that was the thing that made your cleaning job so great and then you are stuck using it forever.

I have a few customers that are certain its the RV or Hoss hat made their last cleaning the best ever.

Have you found that if you clean for a new customer using a spinning thing they dont want anytime ese?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
they can tell differance.......Especially a repeat client....

new ones can tell if they have always had it cleaned by a wand....and that's how you get to keep them....

even if the carpet does not look dirty when you look at it....it will still make a difference.....

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We have come up with a range for square foot pricing. Each market will be different. My wife tells the custy our range over the phone and I decide what they will pay per square foot when I get there. When I do the initial walk through, I consider how much will I be using the Rotovac? If it's a custy that needs (or just wants) all rotary, I will happily do it but they will be up toward the top of our price range. This has really helped us to pull more $ out of most resi situations, while creating customer loyalty. I really believe in the superior cleaning of the Rotovac over the wand so it's easy for me to sell its benefits. I've made our pricing so it would be my pleasure to do whatever is necessary to clean a carpet. I explain this to them after the walk through. Many times I tell them that I want to use my Rotovac in their heavily used living/dining areas and halls but suggest just wanding the bedrooms. This usually lands them somewhere in the middle of our "price range" where everybody is happy.

The Clean Machine

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It just seems to restore the texture and density of the carpet better especially in traffic areas. So it's more self doubt thing when you don't use it. I question if it would have looked better with the powerhead than it did with the wand.

It is a pain switching tools but worth it in my own opinion.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Its happened three times now. I cleaned for them for the first time 7-9 months ago. They have never really been all that impressed with capet cleaners in the past and their carpets were dirty so I used a rotory. They fell in love with the cleaning and had me back. This time is was much cleaner so I pulled out the wand. ( not every job needs a super scrub ) all three times the people said " where is that spinning thing? My carpets never looked better than when you cleaned them?" They think its the rotory not my extreme talent. :icon_razz: No big deal so I just finish edging with the wand and bring out the Hoss. I wouldnt want to use a rotory on every job but they sure are great when you need it.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
So what did you tell her Adam?

I told her I will do what I want and use what I want and she can kiss my fat butt! I told her to just go back in the kichen and make some dinner for her husband and mind her own busniess! I then raised my hand to the Hitler sign and continued to clean with the wand. :yawn:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

They think its the rotory not my extreme talent.
icon_razz.gif
:eekk: It's the shoes....ummmm I mean the rotary! :winky:

tngvegas

its teh rotary. while you use it your buttock muscles get worked up keeping you stable. And it just drives her crazy.

Someday she is going to reach out and get a piece of that!!! lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom