rotovac 360 vs. upgraded wand

wanting to upgrade my current wand to either prochem 4 quad jet or cobbs 4 jet wand with glided. was wondering which would get better cleaning and drying results if i chose one of these or purchaced the rotovac 360i instead.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Rotovac 360i hands down. It has made believers out of the most Jaded 20 year Veterans I know. I even hear that their is a 10% of sale going on over at http://www.superiorcleaningsolutions.com for everything in the store. It is going on through tomorrow if you enter the code on the website :mrgreen:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Josh;

The RV360i with the "brush head" has more agitation, if that is what your cleaning requires.

Our 14" CMP wand with GG will give you good cleaning with quicker drying times.

Choose the tool that works best for your customer base.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
Why don't you two hucksters be honest and tell the guy he needs BOTH.

A quality four/or more jettted, low profile 2 inch wand and a 360i should be manditory to be labled a Professional in this trade.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Still not convinced the 360 would outperform a good prep and rinse with a greenhorn style wand.
Might be faster, but does it really perform better? I can heat up a spot better than the 360. Its got more agitation but I don't rely on my wand for agitation, that's what my scrubber is for.
Just one more tool to sit in the truck unless I "really" need it.

TimP

Ron, that little crb machine you use isn't much of a scrubber. I have one....it's ok but it's no rotary extractor or 175 for sure. It's not even on my truck anymore. The rx-20 is....just my opinion though.

Everyone is different I suppose.

The only way to know if a tool is right for you is to try it and see. If you can't return it if you don't like it, then it could be an expensive gamble.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've a Whittaker for those tough scrubs, a Sebo on steroids. And the Sebo is meant for the prep, not the extraction. I'd take my Sebo and Greenhorn over an Rx20 any day. I've got a Rx20, never liked using it, still trying to sell it.
I know the 360 isn't "as" expensive but 2 grand is 2 grand. It would have to be significantly better. Just because I can skip a step doesn't make it better, just saves me time, but I don't like the race game.
I don't think anyone on the island has one that I could try.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron I have a gls as well.

Sucks compared to a 175 and a shampoo brush for breaking loose grimey/oily soil.

And the 175 doesn't touch the 360 in the real bad stuff.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron, I've heard that the 360 is not really much faster but tends to do a mo betta job with less struggle.

That's my take anyway.

If I were running a TM, I would get one for my old ass for sure.

One light weight tool to do the work ...or 2 or 3 of which one is a heavy mofo?

You make the call.

I've done the 175 and wand and would much rather bring in something of less weight do to the "same" work.

I know you will still have to bring a wand in if just for grooming and corners...but you always will....but it's not like you are cleaning all the dirt with it...just touching up.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Just because I can skip a step doesn't make it better, just saves me time, but I don't like the race game.

The faster I can get in and out, the better for me and the customer. As long as the quality is there why would'nt you want to be more efficient?.

Albert

TimP

Ron likes to charge top dollar and do everything he can to justify his price. Skipping steps is a huge no no.

He likes to get that extra couple of onces of dirt.......

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
No, I just like to do the best I can. Someone once told me that you could charge top dollar for doing the best job in a short time as well. WHat's wrong with trying to get the most soil out as possible. Sure beats what 90% of the other cleaners pass off as clean.

Would have been nice to try the 360 on a restaurant last night. Grease was 1/4" thick, looked like vinyl.

Brett

Those of you using the new 360 and were pre vacing, have you been able to cut back on vac stokes since the 360 digs fairly deep and flushes good

Mikey P

Administrator
TimP said:
Ron likes to charge top dollar and do everything he can to justify his price. Skipping steps is a huge no no.

He likes to get that extra couple of ounces of dirt.......

Is it really "top dollar" if it takes you an hour to clean 100 square feet?

Mikey P

Administrator
WHat's wrong with trying to get the most soil out as possible. Sure beats what 90% of the other cleaners pass off as clean.

Not every (or any) real business plan can sustain or grow at one job a day Ron.

you can masturbate those yarns all day but they'll never marry you bud.

TimP

I tried to bring up the idea of diminishing returns to Ron but it doesn't seem to be a concept that he can grasp.

Let me put it like this

There is say 20 lbs of dirt in 100 sq ft room

Say....a 25 cent cleaning gets out 17 lbs. A 50 cent job gets out 18.0 lbs. And Rons 85 cent job gets out 18.5 lbs. As price goes up the actual volume of dirt extracted doesn't go up in the same proportions.

That's diminishing returns.

It's like with high quality audio. You can get a great sound amplifier for 700 or so, and a top of the line best is 5,000$. Audio quality is like 5% better. That's diminishing returns.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ron's decision, I am sure, is just as much about marketing his business and standing out, as about anything else.

And give him the credit that he knows his market and his clientele pretty well.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
TimP said:
I tried to bring up the idea of diminishing returns to Ron but it doesn't seem to be a concept that he can grasp.

Let me put it like this

There is say 20 lbs of dirt in 100 sq ft room

Say....a 25 cent cleaning gets out 17 lbs. A 50 cent job gets out 18.0 lbs. And Rons 85 cent job gets out 18.5 lbs. As price goes up the actual volume of dirt extracted doesn't go up in the same proportions.

That's diminishing returns.

It's like with high quality audio. You can get a great sound amplifier for 700 or so, and a top of the line best is 5,000$. Audio quality is like 5% better. That's diminishing returns.

I know exactly what you're trying to tell me. WHat I have a challenge with is how do you know when you are having diminishing returns? By your analogy, its more like a 25cent cleaner will get 2lbs, if that. The 50cent cleaner would get 7, they only "think" they got 17 because they're using some superdooper TM or some skookum mechanized tool. The majority of the soil is removed before it even gets wet. The whole point about using glides was to reduce the wear on carpet as well. Using a bare slot always pulled a lot of carpet fibre.

10-11-16NotCleanish1.jpg

10-11-16NotCleanish.jpg

10-11-13Furniturecleaning1.jpg

10-11-13Furniturecleaning.jpg

I prep till I see there is a diminished return. Biggest diff between us is that you'd give up before me. Took some effort to get that soil out of the left chair. I suppose you would have cleaned it with that soil still in the fabric. SInce it only weighs an oz or so I suppose you wouldn't have bothered with it.
Most of the soil that gives cleaners problems doesn't weigh much.
10-10-01dirtfromaroom-EustaceRd.jpg

TimP

Mikey P said:
jhfc Ron dont you realize that your damn Truckmount will remove soil as well?

I tried to explain that one to him too....

Tried to explain the idea of surfactants in your tlc'er makes the dirt float so you can rinse it out. And solvents break down the stuff that hold the dirt to the carpet. And a vacuum cleaner is to get the large stuff so that you don't make mud.

I think the problem is he can't see what's in his truckmount tank after extraction, and is going by what he can see his vacuum cleaner get out. But if he took the time to evaporate all the water and know how much dirt was extracted with the truckmount he'd understand, may even change his philosophy.

That's why I asked him if he ever did any tests to see how much more soil he would remove doing his method on one side of a room then a rotovac/rx-20 extract on the other side of the room and see what the difference was.

Just because you think the way you're doing something cleans better, doesn't mean it's true. You need test.

Mikey P

Administrator
Back in my early Coitus day we didn't pre-vacuum nothing

you would not believe (or maybe you would.lol) how much crap just a pre spray and detergent rinse will pull out of a soil laden carpet.

major poundage..

I have a sneaking suspicion Ron just does not want to go home before dark.

isn't that right Ken?

Mikey P

Administrator
We still Pre Vac every job Ron.

so in essence I'm making YOU look like a real hack with your shoe polish scrubber toy.

call Olson and order one, then be prepared to KMA.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom