Rotovac 360

hogjowl

Idiot™
I had TCS send me one to try out and I used it today for the first time. For you guys who have been using it for some time now, what psi have you found to be right for residential. Do you change it for commercial?

It leaves my carpets significantly wetter than my glided wand does. Are their glides available for it yet?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Eddie:

How long have you been using one? Has it been a good fit in you cleaning routine?

Obviously, after only one day of using it, I have no idea yet as to what it can do for me, but my preliminary opinion is that it might not be a good tool for me. I hate the fact that it has a 1.5 inch suction port. Since it won't clean edges, or clean right up to metal threshold strips, and such, I will have to have a wand with me in the house. Well, my wand is a 2 inch wand, so, switching out my whip hose from 1.5 to 2 all the time will be a pita.

But, the big negative for me is the wetter carpet it leaves. I haven't timed it yet, but I bet my drying times are going to go back up to the 8 hour, or so, time frame again, and I just don't want that to happen.

However, I saw evidence today that it may actually clean better than a wand, and if that holds true, that could be a big reason to keep it.

I hope those glides work out for you, because one factor in my decision loop will be if glides are available for it, or not.

FastEddie

Marty, I have been using one since it came onto the market early last summer. Average dry times for me are in the 1.5 to 3 hr range. Maybe try downsizing the jets to 1.0's. Possibly the stock 09 flow is a bit much for your vac system, Or you can cut flow down with the ball valve, thats what it's there for. It's all about fine tuning it for smaller blowers.

As far as edging goes, get a PMF 4" stand up edger, much easier and lighter and better performance than edging with a wand. The 360 will outclean a wand no doubt.

Comparing this tool vs. wanding by how much I sweat really convinces me that it is superior. Using this tool everyday has made my wanding days a distant memory.

Also, when I decided to try out pre-scrubbing with the tile head brush, it did an amazing job pre-scrubbing residential and CGD. It took the cleaning to an even higher level that rotary scrubbing followed by wanding can't duplicate.

No doubt teflon glides will drastically reduce your dry times.

Try this link for my 360 mods I posted here earlier:

http://www.mikeysboard.com/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

hogjowl

Idiot™
I remember reading that post now. I was about to ask you why your model didn't have the stainless steel glide covers, but then noticed the last poster in that thread mentioned that they were new. LOL ... I guess they are an improvement, but I couldn't help but wonder today, as I was cleaning some CGD carpets, if my machine wouldn't glide smoother without the stainless steel?

The machine was jumping around some. Not as bad as an OP machine, but it was a little annoying.

FastEddie

I actually think the SS glides covers suck, causing more drag on the motor. I left the original stock nylon glides on(less drag) and notched them for more air flow. Now with the new teflon glides, the 360 seems like it's floating on air. Teflon rules.

I think the 360 would glide smoother without the SS covers, but I think the head is too rigid for CGD. If it had the suspension of the RX's head it would rock.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I e-mailed roto vac a couple times with trying to fix their stupid designed twin headed monster. But no reply and now I wonder if they EVER look into getting the quirks out before they put out a new product.

Just another sign of a geek engineer sitting in his cubicle designing it with no carpet cleaning expierence.

Its interesting to see how Eddie has modified it but I'll wait awhile so all the bugs are worked out of it before I buy.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Listen, my evil twin, this thread was originally started to discuss the 360, not the dual headed monster that yOU are so fond of.

So ... try to stay on topic. It is, after all, MY THREAD! :?

Back
Top Bottom