Rotovac 360

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Work smarter,not harder...that's what I grew up hearing.Just do a search on the 360 and you should find some useful info on it,but you will have to wade through a whole bunch of useless kindergarten crap to find it .

Patrick

Joe Couch

It's a great machine. We own 3 of the original and bought a 360 to try out. It's easier to store, cleans just as good if not better, and has a 2 inch vac hose instead of 1 1/2. Better vac and faster dry times.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Kevin McCreary said:
Best tool ever for the lazy residential cleaner!

Kev, could you elaborate on that a bit??

Wouldn't increased productivity without the elbow grease
be a good thing for one's bottom line AND body?

..L.T.A.

Scott Hayward

Phillip,

I own a Rotovac 360. I use a glided wand most of the time since it is quicker and leaves the carpet dryer. I have found the 360 is great for trashed residential carpet. For example: I cleaned a large trashed home a couple of weeks ago. I went over some areas with just the wand. This was after pre-vacuuming, pre-spraying, and pre-agitation. The carpet looked a lot better but still was bad. I pulled out the Rotovc 360 and it brought the carpet back to an acceptable look. I have found that the 360
cleans better than a wand (even better than pre-agitation with a rotary floor machine followed by the wand). The filter basket always has more crap in it after using the 360 as well.

The downside (for me) is it takes longer since you still have to edge, switch tools to get smaller areas done, etc., and it leaves the carpet wetter than a glided wand. I have not used it very much on commercial carpet...still playing around with that. Turn the speed way down if you do.
Make sure you clean the machine so you don't have problems with suction. It is light and easy to carry/store in the van. On real thick carpets it bogs down. I have only seen this happen once.

For me it is another tool in the tool box for the trashed carpets. If you go to the ICS board and do a search you will find a lot of info as well.

Scott

DevilDog

Crap machine. RX-20 is far superior. The 360 is totally gimmicky. Guys have to defend their purchases so you'll hear some really hilarious stuff about the 360.

DevilDog

Scott Hayward

I don't own a RX 20 but I have seen them. They are more expensive and built like a tank. It may clean better, last longer, cook you a dinner, and mow your yard but the 360 suited my needs so I chose it instead. For me it was ease of use and price.

The Rotovac Powerwand may clean better as well but I wanted a rotary machine with back and forth action instead of the push and pull action like the powerwand.

Try it out and if you don't like it don't buy it. So far the machine has been good to me but I still like the wand and only use the 360 for nasty carpet. As the business grows I may get more tools for the toolbox but for now the 360 works just fine. No need to defend it...just like a carpet cleaner...there is always a better one out there.

Scott

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
DevilDog said:
Crap machine. RX-20 is far superior. The 360 is totally gimmicky. Guys have to defend their purchases so you'll hear some really hilarious stuff about the 360.

DevilDog

How many sf of carpet have you cleaned with the 360, Pound Pup??

how many side by side comparisons have you done?

please don't me tell of your friends..
and how LOTS of cleaners have told you.

I'd like to hear your PERSONAL experience with it

..L.T.A.

Name
Kevin McCreary
meat- I have owned 30+ RX-20 in various different models since the late 80's. Rx low speed, high speed, he, RX express,cmx 20 you name it. I have also owned 3 rotary dri-masters and I had a couple of regular roto vacs,and now I have a 360. Todd is right about the rx-20 or old roto vac doing the best job. I think what he means is the practically behind it. They all do a similar cleaning job. Its just the pros and cons of each. The original rx high speeds will do a great job on dirty carpets faster than any one of these tools. However its big, heavy and clumsy and it has a learning curve for a newbie. The dri master rotary tool simply is not designed to do 7-800 jobs a year it will break down lots. I also question its cleaning ability and its high price for a bunch of plastic. The regular roto vac works great but its so slow and you still have to use that back and forth movement like with a wand. The 360 to me is a perfect balance for people who don't want to work as hard on residential. I don't care what anyone says I have a vortex and glided.018 TI wand and it can not duplicate the results even if work my tail off. It has a decent speed to it not as fast as an rx or rdm, not as slow as a roto-vac, But all you have to do is stand and watch it and its small and light. Despite its appearance it looks like a toy, I love it. I went away from rotary cleaning for a few years then my back and neck and chest started bothering me from all the wand work I was doing. Now A 360 a couple of chiropractor visits and I'm fine. I also have a female tech who only weighs about 115 pounds and its something she can do all day long with out the fatigue or burn out you normally get from a wand. Personally its easier for a one man truck to use it if you are doing it right and working your way in, you never have to pull hoses they follow you. Most wand cleaners will have a hard time adapting to this. Also if you keep the power cord above the hoses it will never get tangled up. Most people hate the plug in and the edging in factor. If you have a system it works terrific and makes me lazy. I would rather use one so I have energy at the end of a day to play with my kids instead of recovering on the couch.

Rescue

Devil Dog-

So can assume that you do both wand, and RX20 work? Depending on the job? I have never used the RX20 and was wondering do I really need one?

Rescue said:
Devil Dog-

So can assume that you do both wand, and RX20 work? Depending on the job? I have never used the RX20 and was wondering do I really need one?

I have a RDM and It basically sits in the shop. I get better results with a 175 floor machine/Greenhorn. On really dirty carpet I work the prespray in with the floor machine and use the wand to rinse the carpet of the prespray. I think the next step above that would be power scrubbing then RXing the carpet. Then above that you could follow up with post bonnet. :)

DevilDog

Some of you people are dumber than you look, which seems almost impossible because I crap out things every morning that look better than most of you.

The 360 is not a real good cleaning machine. The RX-20 is easily better and the original RV is far superior.

Take your shots.

Those that know...agree with me.

Some of you morons are lucky you are carpet cleaners because you are to f'n stupid to do anything else.

Larry's brain has either been killed by too much alcohol and/or butyl.

Brevik, well we all know how phony and dumb he is.

Use an RX-20 and RV360 side by side. Then you will know. You can pre-scrub and post pad with the RX-20. I rest my case.

The little bitch 360 is a little girls tool compared to the RX-20.

Ask guys that use the 360 why they use it. You'll get two answers.

It is lighter.

It is cheaper.

Nothing about being better.

Hey you dipshits....rent a rug doctor. They are lighter and cheaper than a truckmount or other portable. Do they clean better...I again (and finally) rest my case.

Go piss up another tree. When some of you can actually give honest straight answers then you can post again. Until then...stf up. Because many of you are fricken clueless.

DevilDog

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Hey DogTurds....

....go back and search my answers concerning the 360 and you will see that it has nothing to do with weight nor the cost you acorn sack.It has everything to with the cleaning capabilities.You are just unhappy with your pathetic little life and serious lack of the knowledge of cleaning but that gives you know right to come on these boards spout off like the little Ms. Know-it-all you are.
Patrick

Oh...speaking of something else to instead of cleaning....if you're such a great photographer,what the hell are you doing cleaning,besides everything else you claim to be so great at....you freaking short bus window licker!

Tile Nerd

We love the 360! It cleans as good as the RX20 (I've got a lot of experience with both) but is lighter. Ours has a vac-attack with flexible 2 inch hose (thanks Greenie) and now has a set of glides (thanks again Greenie). The dry time (2 to 3 hours on most carpets) and cleaning performance really wows the clients.

You can also stick a cotton bonnet under the tile head and use it for buffing after clear sealing tile & stone.

Great tool for a lot less then an RX20.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
So the original Rotovac is lighter and cleans the best, but it's slower and has a back and forth motion some like and some don't like. It has no learning curve, no torque, no slop slinging, can be used right next to baseboard (filtration stains) and furniture, and can clean loose rugs with ease, and can be operated with one hand.

The RX20 cleans about the same as a Rotovac 360, but is more expensive and HEAVIER. RX has bonnet capabilities and the original Rotavac has brush agitation capabilities, as does the 360 that also supposedly cleans tile and grout.

The Rotary DriMaster is easy to use and leaves dryer, but may not clean as deeply on some carpets.

If no rotary jet extractor is used, then many need to use a rotary for agitation, but loose some heat build up on the fibers like a Rotovac and does no extraction cleaning while being used.

A Vortex with a high flow Titanium Wand does not clean as well as using one of the above.

Do I have all the above correct?

Loren

Still using Powermatic heat and Steam Way wand and the two headed Rotovac. Is it time to change in order to clean better?

Scott Hayward

Beating a dead horse!

I think Kevin hit the nail on the head. The 360 is a good balance between all of the other rotary machines. Obviously Todd hates it...but keep in mind that Phillip asked about the 360 and not about other machines.

If I asked about Chevy 1500 truck and someone said it was crap, buy a Ford F150...that doesn't tell me why the Chevy is crap. Give some reasons for your answers...valid reasons.

If we are talking performance between the machines this is what the web sites say...

Rotovac 360 - up to 200 RPM
3 jets
3 vacuum ports
39 pounds
can be used on tile as well
some cleaners use the tile brush for prescrubbing/post
padding (the Redneck way)
200 RPM x 3 jets = 600

Rotovac Powerwand - up to 250 RPM
3 jets per head (6 total)
3 vacuum ports
38 pounds
web site claims 1500 injection / cleaning passes per
minute (I assume 250 RPM x 6 = 1500 passes)

RX 20 - up to 130 RPM
3 jets
5 vacuum ports
weight not listed - but it is heavier than 39 pounds
web site claims 650 cleaning passes per minute - I am not sure
how they came to this figure since 3 jets x 130 RPM = 390. If
they count the 5 vacuum ports x 130 RPM then that = 650. Maybe
somebody can elaborate but to me...390 sounds more accurate.

Rotary DriMaster - up to 120 RPM
3 cleaning heads
3 vacuum slots
46 pounds
360 cleaning passes per minute.

Based on RPM and jets...we can see why the Rotovac Powerwand appears to get better reviews for deeper cleaning. Rotovac sells more 360's then the Powerwand so cleaners prefer the 360 though.

Each machine has its pluses and minuses and other people have already discussed those. Ie. price, storage, weight, ease of use, versatility, etc.
Bottom line...they all clean better than a wand...even the DriMaster! If you count RPM x the jets or cleaning heads...they are all close and I bet you couldn't tell the difference if I cleaned with one machine or another. Buy what suits your needs. Just because a BMW drives better than my Chevy does not mean I am going to go out and buy a BMW. Happy shopping Phillip!

Scott

Bruce Parsons

Too bad they stopped making the best of them all ( the Pro-Chem power Glide").

Yes it's heavy, but much more solid then the RX and cleans better to, especially when it's hooked up to a AT or a V.

I've got them all, and compared them all, and the Pro Chem came out on top for ease of use and cleaning ability every time. Just can't beat the cast heads and counter rotating.

There's no torque off setting the operator, it's the easiest big machine steam cleaning that I've used, especially in wide open areas.

I'll never sell it because every once in a while you get that rat hole.

We also get an extra 10 cents a ft. for using it anyway, so it helps some when you bring it in.

-Bruce

R

rotorob

I've got a PCPGlide that was used for a year or so, until I switched to the RV line-up. It's a good solid machine, that only comes into play for flood extraction when needed.
For the type of homes in my area, I don't miss hoisting that unit up to the second or third floor to clean.
For me, the RVs are the most versatile and user friendly machines. From the most trashed to the finest knap, they come through each and every time.

DirtBuster

Greenie

We love the 360! It cleans as good as the RX20 (I've got a lot of experience with both) but is lighter. Ours has a vac-attack with flexible 2 inch hose (thanks Greenie) and now has a set of glides (thanks again Greenie). The dry time (2 to 3 hours on most carpets) and cleaning performance really wows the clients.

What are Greenie's

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom