Rotovac 360i and a Zipper Jr are on the way.

Mikey P

Administrator
Seeing all the interest here I took the necessary steps to get one of each sent out. Both should be here in a week or less.

I have 30 days to run them through the wringer before I decide if I want pay for them.

I'm hoping the 360 can really be easily used as a pre scrubber and rinser for my Lima Bean set up. I'm using the Mytee 175 to scrub now but my back has had about enough of it's weight. 40 pounds for the RV sounds very appealing.

Got a few extras coming as well, should be interesting.

490692a2.jpg

As far as the Zipper goes, Erik swears I'll love it to death. :mrgreen:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Can't wait, cause rob from ***.. Gave a review, but you know damn well he didnt use it himself. So I can't wait for this review.

A

amazingcleansc

the head is so effin small on the rotovac i dont like to scrub anything with it, and you cant put a scouring pad on it like a 175 for a rat bastard nasty

I like the sebo duo for a lightweight scrubber. the 360 is cool to me because you can rinse as you scrub GROUT with a brush. thats a novel idea

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'll definetly be intrested in the feedback.. I like the carpet brush head looking thing(if it works). Did they put a bigger motor on it?

Dealing with that third cord is what makes the 360 impractical for commercial work imo. It looks like it would be good on residential carpet though.

Mikey I am going to use my 1.5 hp 175 for rugs and get another 1 hp buffer for scrubbing residential carpets. The weight difference is not that much but I guess it helps. I saw a cleanfreak scrubber a few weeks back that was very impressive and cheap. You might want to check it out. I had a minute man which was very smooth, but the latch sucked. It wasn't the best built, but it was a dream to run. The cleanfreak was very impressive. I currently have a stainless Saturn 175 that I use for scrubbing tile etc. I have never used a power flite but it looks awkward to carry.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

I'm interested to see how you like the 360i machine with the "scoop" heads.

I am working on a quick-dry TM system to go with the 360i.

It is a package that will allow 10 minute dry times using a Dynachem TM.

Other TM's will also be adapted.

Larry

joeynbgky said:
I have a 13 inch clarke, never used it. I never need to pre-scrub.

If you prescrub and post pad, you will get better results especially on berber. Plus your prices will go up and separate you from other cleaners. Just something to think about. 13 inch is too small for carpet work. You need at least a 15 inch with 17 being ideal.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
depending on the review I may put the a new o-ring that is gone in the 360 and start using it> I bought for 1500 2 yrs ago and it sits with my carpet cleaning collection

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My money is on the Zipper Jr. I give you two days with the Rotovac and I'm betting it will hurt your back more than the 175.

It's a good tool, just seemed a little light weight in construction. It also seems to fight you cleaning with it, it has a lot of torque.

Mikey P

Administrator
It's the picking up of the 175 thats getting to me, not the action.

It would make a great hard surface unit but far too heavy to be pulling out of a van or truck 4 times a day.

Ron K

Mike it would be great to see how your "Chimps" handled both units and the quality work that came out of them. I would think that a regular BDCC could make almost any system work, but a Newbie using them would really show how adaptable and useful they are.

Mike Draper

I mainly use the 360 on nasty apartments. I run 300psi. We just spray the whole thing, then start at the top and work our way out without stopping. You definitely need a hose puller for this. Oh yeah, don't plan on fast dry times, and dry passes take way to long with the 360.

2010-06-07110436.jpg

2010-06-071146462.jpg

lots of swirls, but its an apartment so no biggy. We only raked out swirls for the pic.
2010-06-15144635.jpg

Mike Draper

it takes some getting used to. I have an auto pilot on mine. I just push the button and it stays on until i push it again. I like to live on the edge! :twisted:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I still use an old 90rpm CMX-20 rotary.

I don't find it heavy getting in or out of the van, but I won't take it upstairs, no way. :shock:

Maybe my vertically challenged height to weight ratio has something to do with this. shiteatinggrin

When I'm cleaning with it, I start at the entrance and work my way forward, through the house/apartment.

I don't need a hose helper for this.

Carpets are always raked afterwards, to not only improve appearance, but also help dry times.

Looking forward to the results, will Tony be helping. ??

Ooroo,

:lol:

Dirtmonger

Mike Draper said:
I mainly use the 360 on nasty apartments. I run 300psi. We just spray the whole thing, then start at the top and work our way out without stopping. You definitely need a hose puller for this. Oh yeah, don't plan on fast dry times, and dry passes take way to long with the 360.

Ditto Mike.
Dry passes are effective but slow. One thing I have been impressed by is the amount of hair it will dig out when pets are part of the equation.

TimP

Shorty Down Under said:
I still use an old 90rpm CMX-20 rotary.

I don't find it heavy getting in or out of the van, but I won't take it upstairs, no way. :shock:

Maybe my vertically challenged height to weight ratio has something to do with this. shiteatinggrin

When I'm cleaning with it, I start at the entrance and work my way forward, through the house/apartment.

I don't need a hose helper for this.

Carpets are always raked afterwards, to not only improve appearance, but also help dry times.

Looking forward to the results, will Tony be helping. ??

Ooroo,

:lol:

I have the Rx-20 HE.

I agree with what is said here. It's not too hard to deal with. I used to use it on all jobs till I got my greenhorn. I changed to the greenhorn because it's lighter, faster for residential, and dries faster.

It's best to work your way into a room and not out with a rotary cause of the cord and hose management.

As far as a cord being a problem for CGD jobs it's way better having an open room to deal with an extra cord than a congested residential home. The RX is great for trashed jobs because it scrubs like crazy. Also my opinion is that on CGD carpet it's way faster and easier on your body. You shouldn't be putting effort into using it if you're doing it right. The machine moves itself, all it takes is a very slight tilt in certain directions and the motor handles the rest. Just like running a 175 buffer. I think the problem most run into hurting their back is that they aren't used to using the muscles required to run one and it hurts. After running one a whole day I have a slight bit of back pain but it's not near the pain of running a wand all day to me. In fact tomorrow I plan to run my RX all day.

The rotovac 360i should be similar. It looks like it's lighter and easier to manage. I can't wait to see what Mikey thinks of both tools.

I have found pulling on the hose when going forward with the rx to be a challenge at times especially with 200' of hose out.

I have a few of those straps that fit around your waist and hold the hoses up off the floor. I am going to try using one of the straps to see if it will allow me to walk with the hose a bit easier. It should. Same thing applies to cleaning stairs.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I thought this was a testing the 360 and zipper. Shit I misunderstood

TimP

Greg Crowley said:
I thought this was a testing the 360 and zipper. Shit I misunderstood

No you didn't, but now you fail to see that the 360 and RX-20 are similar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom