Rotovac 360i-Mikey was right, again...

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Not to shill, but the cheap bastard I am finally broke down and bought one. I corroborated the stories with a near by friend who also swore by it. That machine can definately clean and takes all the work out of it; another cord sucks but I'll get used to it.

I guess it was Mikey's turn to return the favor with his advice. I actually met him about ten or more years ago when he saw a post of mine on ICS raving about the Rotovac push wand. He called me and I convinced him to get one. He still hasn't forgotten about that and sold that POS.

Mikey, I owe you a container of Hummus and the first drink at Connections is on me.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I like the looks of this machine. The 39 pounds sounds really nice after lugging around RX's for 25 years. I just hope that motor holds up--seems a little small. Also, I wish they had made vacuum shoes that we could adapt glides to.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I hear you Steve, I lug an rx myself and would'nt mind a 30 lb reduction. Nothing beats rotary cleaning though which is why I painstakingly use it on most jobs.

I did try the original 360 on commercial and seemed kind of weak. Maybe the i is better at cgd.

Albert

Mikey P

Administrator
The 360 does feel like a toy compared to the RV.

that's the best part about it.
rad.gif

Dirtmonger

While I love the results with my 360, it does tend to bog down on the heavier better quality carpets which can be frustrating. So more horsepower is definately on my wish list if your watching Cliff.

Mike Draper

If I remember correctly. When I first joined this board I always talked up the rv-360 and how it could out clean any other machine on the market. I just got thrown under the bus every time I mentioned it. 3 years later you guys are finally catching on. :roll:

Mikey P

Administrator
Dirtmonger said:
While I love the results with my 360, it does tend to bog down on the heavier better quality carpets which can be frustrating. So more horsepower is definitely on my wish list if your watching Cliff.

I bet the ramp design of the new head helps with that because I have not noticed any bogging.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mike Draper said:
If I remember correctly. When I first joined this board I always talked up the rv-360 and how it could out clean any other machine on the market. I just got thrown under the bus every time I mentioned it. 3 years later you guys are finally catching on. :roll:

well lets see the post.... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Mike Draper

its not that important, you can dig thought the old post if you want to. I'm used to getting shit on shiteatinggrin

Able 1

Name
Keith
Mike Draper said:

The original 360 is a pos and a pita, you still have to bring out you wand anyway with either. This only weighs 20# more and will whoop the hell out of the 360 http://www.nacecare.com/products/dp420.

Have you noticed any difference between the old and the new one? Haven't hear you say you have, so that leads me to believe not much has changed as far as performance.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Hey Mikey,
Please let us know if the 360! ever bogs down on any kind of carpet. That would be a deal killer for me.

ANyone else have trouble with smooth going on dense hi quality carpet?

Mike Draper

Able 1 said:
http://www.nacecare.com/products/dp420[/url].

Have you noticed any difference between the old and the new one? Haven't hear you say you have, so that leads me to believe not much has changed as far as performance.[/quote:3a03c0oq]

this comment is so ridiculous is doesn't deserve to be debated. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Name
Danny Strickland
i had one of those machines. it's apples and oranges to a rotary machine, totally different cleaning action.

that said it's a good tool to have on the truck!!!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Draper said:

No- WE aren't catching on....a couple of years ago this board had no paying sponsors/advertisers....we cycled thru stuff differently. That's just the way I feel.

I do love the rotary cleaning machines. I used to use an rx-20 and the original rotovac too. I just don't like the pita factor of edging and the extra cord in the way...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
floorguy said:
soooooo no one ever said....

edge before or after???

I always edge after rotary. And end up going thru the room anyways with drystrokes.

Mike Draper

just buy it and quit being a cheapskate! !gotcha! By the time its worn out it will have cost you 1 or 2 bucks a hour to own.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bone Collector said:
Edging.........cord in da way..............post groom = PITA

I think you are right....buuuut
If you have it on your truck for those narly jobs where you would be wanding your ass off...I think it's worth the money.

Then I would just wand behind it to pretty it up...que Mikey in 10.....9....8...7...

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I went the other way with my cleaning. I have always used rotary jet cleaning(RV RX20 RDM). I have switched to a 175rpm and wand/glide. It comes out just as good and less wear and tear on the TM. I spend the same amount of time cleaning and my TM isn't running when I'm scrubbing.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll have to disagree with you some what Rob.

Some jobs will come out equal but in the real sh#t pits the 360 will kick the 175's ass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom