Rotovac 360i question?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
I'm considering picking up a Rotovac 360i, I already use the rotary drimaster on occasions (when I need fast dry times). I was wondering what will I gain from adding the Rotovac to my truck? Do they clean better than the Drimasters?

TimP

I don't think you're gonna find many dri-master users around. It's a pretty well disliked machine. I think there was one guy who loved it but he mouthed off and got banned or something. Funny thing is about 5-6 months ago the Rotovac was disliked too......but that was before the 360i came out.

The rx-20 is supposed to clean really well (I know it cleans well I own one). And there are RX users who have purchased 360i's and they say it cleans as well if not better, and dries better than the rx-20. On top of that the 360i is about 1/2 the weight.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I have the drimaster.. I like to use it... on occasion.. I like to call it my lazy day tool. It cleans very well. Its slower production times but usually I don't need to agitate the prespray in as much before use. It does allow me to monitor and flush alot of crap out of customer. As a mater of fact its the best tool for monitoring your extraction. Its Right there on top of the extraction head.. (of course you alreday know that if it you have one) But The RV and RX are more aggressive tools and as such probably dig a little deeper into the pile of the carpet compared to our drimasters.

I still think there should be a complete evalutation at the next mikey fest that incluces the RV 360i, the RX20 and the drimaster just for simple comparison sake.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
TimP said:
I don't think you're gonna find many dri-master users around. It's a pretty well disliked machine. I think there was one guy who loved it but he mouthed off and got banned or something. Funny thing is about 5-6 months ago the Rotovac was disliked too......but that was before the 360i came out.

The rx-20 is supposed to clean really well (I know it cleans well I own one). And there are RX users who have purchased 360i's and they say it cleans as well if not better, and dries better than the rx-20. On top of that the 360i is about 1/2 the weight.

I really like my Drimaster for the occasions when I need the carpets dry fast. Other than that I dont use it much. I also carry and RX-20 which I dont use much on Resi's cause its just to big and bulky. What i'm looking for in the Rotovac is something that cleans dirtys really well and is lightweight and easy to use. Unloading the 175 all day starts to wear me out after a while.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I went from selling 1 or 2 rotovac's a year to sellling 18 since august and no they have not all been because "Mikey likes it"only 4 or 5 of those where to people that have even heard of Mikey. Most of them had no intention of buying one until they gave it a second shot with the new head. That's what really made the difference. I give a money back guarantee (you only have to pay shipping if you decide not to keep it) not a single person has returned one.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I had a Drimaster but felt it didn't clean deep enough or trashed areas well.
Got a Greenhorn & was very happy with it until I got the 360i, the dry times are about the same but the 360i is the best tool I have ever used in occupied houses.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
pssst....watch our website friday for our own black friday sale...it's a secret so don't tell everyone :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Name
Kevin McCreary
I clean everything with mine. The new head and new triggers along with the 2 inch

port makes a huge difference. I hate using a wand. Its just as fast as a wand too. If

you look at it like I do. It cleans at the same speed all day and no fatigue for the operator.

With a wand or a wand 175 combo, the 175 seems to be a huge waste of time,when one tool will

do it all. When you use a wand, job number 5 or 6 can be more tiresome than job 1. New clients

love it, as it is something different and sets you apart from the other guy. Its also awesome for

the 115lb female tech or an old guy..So far it has out lived my Hydramaster dri-master p.o.s., everything

hydramaster has made after Mike Palmer and Steve Brandt had a hand on it has been a

vastly over engineered P.O.S. I bet they make some huge $$ on parts . :p

Mikey P

Administrator

I find it real hard to fathom that a human being on this planet has not heard of the great Mikey P

F you Cox.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
I find it real hard to fathom that a human being on this planet has not heard of the great Mikey P

A google search of god has a picture of Mikey P. Go figure???

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez

Ordered mine today, cant wait to try it out. Thanks Jon for the Black Friday deal!

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Just got my new 360i from John Olson (thanks for the great price on black friday!). Tried it today for the first time and was impressed with the cleaning. My question is do most guys use it with the valve open all the way or just 1/2 way? and in what conditions do you raise the speed on the motor? I used it today with the valve all the way open and it seemed like the carpets were a little wetter than i'm used to. Although i'm used to my glided Butler or Drimaster.

Name
Nate W.
PTMatt said:
AdamHale said:
Valve all the way open. 300psi

Thats what I was running it at. How about the motor speed? What do you run it at for normal cleaning conditions?

I leave it on 10. If it's heavily soiled they said to turn it down. I've used it accidentally on 5 to 7 when I'd bump the knob while putting it down. I really wouldn't go lower then 5 imho.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
How many dry strokes do you usually make? I was making one dry pass. Is that enough typically?

Name
Nate W.
PTMatt said:
How many dry strokes do you usually make? I was making one dry pass. Is that enough typically?

I make 2, but that's just me. I do have the slightly older model without the upgrades i.e.... 2"port, redesigned head. I try to leave everything as dry as possible to my ability... Plus I'm a slow cleaner so yea........ shiteatinggrin

If it feels pretty good and dries in a reasonable amount of time, then 1 should be enough. I'd go slightly slower on the dry pass imho. !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom