Rotovac 360i, should I do it?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I might pull the trigger on a new Rotovac 360i. I operate out of a small truckmount and am looking at getting the most cleaning ability out of it. I usually work alone and will probably use it most on residential jobs and nasty apartments. I have never owned a rotary extractor and only operated one a couple times. I have also considered one of the bigger units like the HOSS but im not sure if my machine is big enough to get the most out of a bigger RE. The guy at Rotovac says he can get it to me for &1995 and will ship it free and give me 6 mos. same as cash. Should I do it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm biting my tongue because I'm waiting for the 360XL to arrive at my doorstep.

I hear a 15 Hess with Teflon shoes will be available for the 360i as well.

To many options these days.

No reason that a Hoss would not work with any unit 360 would as long as you can adjust flow.

Reactions: Russ T.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I would go hoss especially after how they just stood behind there product with updates even for some that had the hoss for more than the one year warranty period. That says a lot about a company and the way they are trying to do business.

I would also contact a board supplier and see what pricing they could do for you on a hoss as a month ago they had the hoss for mikeysboard at a special $2400.

There is no perfect rotary but the hoss does perform well most of the time.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Best purchased I've made in my business. I will get a 2nd one to dual wand/back up.

Haven't played w/ the Hoss yet or the XL, but I'm sure they're nice too.

F

FB7777

If you mostly plan on using it for residential, then the 360i is a great choice

The Rotovac is lighter, but I suspect less durable than a HOSS

The jets on the Rotovac clog easily so you have to check them frequently

The sticker on the cleaning shroud is another dumb idea as it peels after a couple uses

If you do go with the 360i , ask if they have a returned demo unit , I got mine for $1800 plus $65 shipping and even tho it was supposedly a demo... It was actually brand new

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm biting my tongue because I'm waiting for the 360XL to arrive at my doorstep.

I hear a 15 Hess with Teflon shoes will be available for the 360i as well.

To many options these days.

No reason that a Hoss would not work with any unit 360 would as long as you can adjust flow.

Did you use the 360XL Mikey? What do you think?

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Mike Draper

As far as jets clogging on the Rotovac, that has everything to do with how you maintain your truck mount. . In the 6 years I've run the Rotovac I had clogged jets once. I would recommend using soft water if your jets get clogged. The Rotovac weighs half what the hoss does. I think it's a great unit to start with. Hoss is great to other than the Horribly, awful wheel vibration that they supposedly fixed before i purchased. Custy told me the other day it sounded like it was time for a new machine. That was embarrassing considering its only 2 months old.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I just tan the hoss for 2 days and if I had to listen to that wheel vibrating noise, I would sell the thing...I sure hope the newer ones don't have this issue- but I guess Mike Draper has the newer one and still vibrating? I was running the older wide handle unit so I knew it was an issue before I even started it up.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I agree about the sticker, I peeled my off so now it's an unlabeled 360i.

If you get it from rotovac ask them for the smaller jets, it'll leave the carpets dryer, the original jets leave it too wet for my liking.

I would also upgrade the cheap cord it comes with, to a thicker gauge cord...less "spaghetti" mess.

F

FB7777

As far as jets clogging on the Rotovac, that has everything to do with how you maintain your truck mount. . In the 6 years I've run the Rotovac I had clogged jets once. I would recommend using soft water if your jets get clogged. The Rotovac weighs half what the hoss does. I think it's a great unit to start with. Hoss is great to other than the Horribly, awful wheel vibration that they supposedly fixed before i purchased. Custy told me the other day it sounded like it was time for a new machine. That was embarrassing considering its only 2 months old.

My wand jets rarely clog... I think Ill just put an inline screen filter like the Greenhorns. Should solve the problem

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I just tan the hoss for 2 days and if I had to listen to that wheel vibrating noise, I would sell the thing...I sure hope the newer ones don't have this issue- but I guess Mike Draper has the newer one and still vibrating? I was running the older wide handle unit so I knew it was an issue before I even started it up.

My newer one is very quite....the older one still vibrates and makes noise...but....no one has ever complained...and I just tune it out....

Mike Draper

I haven't received the XL yet.

Draper have you talked to ss about your vibes?

I did call 2x and speak with people about purchasing larger jets. Both times I had to explain what the "larger jets" were that I wanted. Both times they said they would call me back. No call back. I've though about calling again, but I figured I receive the same service as before. When I say the thing vibrates, I mean it sounds like broken pieces of gears in the gear case. Even though its not. The machine would be perfect if it wasn't for the vibration.

Last edited:

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
360i for 6 months used it half a dozen times. takes to long and i just cant get over the worry of catching a loose seam, ouch. sits in a corner of the truck.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Well...I did it and I LOVE this thing! It's just what I needed to help me get a competitive edge. I work alone and I think it's light enough for me to use on most jobs, especially resi when Mrs Jones is watching. I only cleaned my living room and stairs so far which weren't dirty but I can't wait to see what I can do to some of the filthy apartments I run into sometimes. I need some practice but I'm so glad to have it! Thanks for the recommendations guys! Oh... My small truckmount delivers plenty of HOT flow for this unit too. It came equipped with 3 1.5 flood jets. I think that means its 4.5 flow? Perfect for the little Chem Tex Panther 20 I'm rockin'! Just some quick dry passes and I was dry in 2-3 hours...wow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
I think any rotary you get will impress your customers. I have three rotary's and use them everyday, I personally think it give me an edge over cleaners that only use a wand.
At least in the customers eyes.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've only had the 360i for a week now but I really am amazed. I can't believe I waited so long to get a RE. I feel like I've been doing a subpar job without realizing it. I feel like I can compete with anyone in my area as far as my cleaning ability goes now that I have it. It makes the most out of my TM. If you don't have one, and you care about results, get one...NOW! (Unless you are competing with me in central IA, you should hold off...you probably wouldn't like it ;-))

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Reactions: Art Kelley

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I borrowed a 360i a few months ago. I used it one job and pulled out the rx for the rest of the day. Unfortunately I cannot give an honest evaluation because I found out later that there was a lot of lint inside the head so the vacuumed sucked. I will say though that the difference in a 12" head vs a 15" (Hoss / Rx) makes for way slower cleaning. As for the light weight of the machine, though it's easy to transport I feel that it's one of the reasons for the lack of cleaning ability. The carpet was olefin berber.

Deep carpet cleaning

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom