Rotovac CFX

Crazymcnick

Does anyone have this? I mean as an extractor not as an added lift I watched the demo of this on youtube and I was talking with aaron of rotovac this morning and he was talking this thing up pretty big naturally but I was wondering if someone actually uses this instead of a big extractor.

Thanks
Tom

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I had a look at it last year and liked it, although it seemed a bit noisy to me.

Reminds me of a smaller compact version of the Steamin Demon.

Unable to really tell how good it was extracting water at Connections, but it seemed okay with both the Evolution wand and the Rotovac 360.

I feel there would be a place for this on smaller jobs, especially in high rise condo's and such, as well as upholstery.

Would really like to try it with a Drimaster upholstery tool on a microfiber sofa.

Shame it isn't fitted with a 250psi pump for solution. :wink:

I also would like to see more comments on this machine and it's accessories from real life users, not just arm chair critics. :shock: :lol:

Ooroo,

:roll:

Crazymcnick

Yeah anyone else on the board use this CFX? None are for sale on eBay besides 1 that is included as a package.

rick imby

Name
Rick
In the Rotovac Demo video the machine does not have another outlet to the truckmount. It may be something they have just added.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Rick, not sure I understand your post mate.

I can't see any reference to a truck mount, or any connection between the two machines ??

The CFX is a stand alone unit as you seen in the video.

It does not have a solution pump as such, just uses faucet water pressure, (I'm learnin' your lingo :wink: :lol: )

It does have a couple of vacuum motors and a waste pump out that they call a deflood pump or something.

The only thing that I could see it being hooked up to would be an inline set of vacs; before the waste water gets to the CFX, to increase vacuum.

I can see no benefit hooking up to a t/m or even a porty; because all they would suck would be from the waste pump, not adding to vacuum pressure.

Or do I read it all wrong, again :?:

Ooroo,

Greenie

We covered this already, could someone dig up the thread?

You as members here have a fiduciary responsibility not to lead newbies wrong.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Alright, I sent for a demo of one of these last week - got it on Friday. I've used it for three jobs for a total run time of five hours. Here are my very early thoughts on it:

I like the size and portability of the unit
I like the weight
The pump out actually works as advertised
Hooking up to the sink was not the giant nightmare I imagined it to be
It works well with my 360 - I would not recommend using this unit without a rotary jet extractor of some kind
It is a neat machine for what it is, at a reasonable if not inexpensive price point
It is easy to completely clean, inside and out
It is not a mini-TM
It is not an all purpose heavy duty portable like Greenie sells - if there's not a sink with a detachable aireator available you may be hosed (pun intended)
If there are people around and underfoot you have enough cord, hose, empty hose, cord from your rotary extractor, to assure that somebody trips on something

On balance, I like it. It's a small, lightweight, functional backup. It's handy for apartments, shut-ins and after hours gigs when running the TM is sure to piss someone off. It's a good unit for someone like me who has tons of toys and options. I'm not sure I would recommend this to a rank beginner - cleaning like this has some shortcomings and you need to be able to deal with those.

That's all I've got for now - I'll keep playing with it.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Jeff, I would be interested to see how it would perform with the small Mexican Products Evolution wand.

Oops, I think that should be U.S. Products Evolution wand.

Not sure what to believe anymore. :?

Ooroo,

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Jeff, why would you not recommend to use it with a regular wand? Because of the low pressure? I was wondering if super high flowing jets would make up for it (as much as can be expected). How is the recovery? Is it 2 cords?

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Anthony,
yeah, my concern with the wand is the low pressure, but to be straight, I haven't tried it with my wand yet. I'll give that a try today and let you know how it went. The recovery is very good but the price you pay for that is a short vac hose. It comes with fifty feet of empty hose and fifty feet of extension cord (it comes with a short pig tail). The machine is designed to follow you around from room to room while you clean. If you use it that way then recovery is very good. The machine runs on one cord.

Todd Anthony

I was looking at the rotovac Cfx videos on the rotovac website and the unit seemed like it was VERY LOUD. I would think that you would need to give out ear plugs if you decided to use that in an occupied home .

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Todd,

I know it seems that way on the video, but it's not all that loud. It has dual two stage vacs, so it's not any louder than most portables and quieter than many I've used. Having said that, it ain't quiet either, but I used it today in two occupied homes and didn't have any problems or complaints. It is what it is - to give Rotovac some credit, nobody is running around telling you to stick it in your station wagon and run 200 feet of hose from it like others we know of. :lol:

Todd Anthony

Has anyone tried the CFX with a wand yet , I sure wish it had a water pump . If you buy the CFX and 360 it;s about 4k . I could get the Savage w/ out the heater for that and have a killer pump with chem inject. , vac and APO .

Grant D

Any more feedback on this unit Mr. Madsen now that you've had it a few weeks?

Also, I've seen somewhere pictures of it shown as a TM booster where it is used as both a booster and while doing so pumps out to the toilet. Does anyone know if it can really do this?

BlinkClean

cfx-how.jpg

rotovacCFX_dia.jpg

BlinkClean

Todd Anthony said:
Has anyone tried the CFX with a wand yet , I sure wish it had a water pump . If you buy the CFX and 360 it;s about 4k . I could get the Savage w/ out the heater for that and have a killer pump with chem inject. , vac and APO .

Or you could get a used PowerWand for about $800, with a Mytee m-5 500psi porty and a good inline water heater:

http://www.***************/store/steamb ... p-192.html

for under $3.5k if you're on a budget.

Grant D

That's the picture I saw. However if you go to the rotovac website and look at the pics of the machine as well as the video it is pretty clear there that there is no port in the back of the machine where you could put the hose they show running out to the van.

Somebody who owns one please clarify.

As far as the PSI issue, just get a Cleancraft "Rescue Box" and drop it in any sink, bath-tub or bucket and you're in business at 150psi.

Grant D said:
That's the picture I saw. However if you go to the rotovac website and look at the pics of the machine as well as the video it is pretty clear there that there is no port in the back of the machine where you could put the hose they show running out to the van.

Somebody who owns one please clarify.

As far as the PSI issue, just get a Cleancraft "Rescue Box" and drop it in any sink, bath-tub or bucket and you're in business at 150psi.

Hi Grant, Go to the Rotovac site and look at the CFX manual...it shows the latest model with a port in the back.

R

rotovacguy

Even if there is a port in the back, $2500 is an awful lot of money for what you're getting in return. There are much better products for cheaper available.

rotovacguy said:
Even if there is a port in the back, $2500 is an awful lot of money for what you're getting in return. There are much better products for cheaper available.

Heard from a guy on Geukirks board ...says he got it for $1600 on sale from Rotovac...though it is hard to say it is worth it if you have to talk to a rotovac salesman..:wink:

Newman

Name
Chris Newman

BlinkClean

rotovacguy said:

Except remember he's got limited space because apparently he's running an SUV or a station wagon ( a Q which he hasnt answered yet)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom