Rotovac Powerwand-Pros and Cons???

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Anybody have experience with one???

Had a local retired guy call today that didn't get into cleaning as much as he thought. Asked if I had any interest?

I know nothing is perfect.

So what is this baby good and not good for??

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Cleans good but that thing would lock down to the carpet when I used it with our trucks. I wound up selling it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
And, I have yet to see a rotary tool that didn't slow you down. While many folks say they clean better, and intuitively I guess they must, the end result is the same as a wand. You simply have a clean looking carpet ... and that is what the customer wants. She can't tell if it is any better one way or the other, and the cleaners who say it is cleaner with the rotary tool are just guessing, cuz who can tell one clean looking carpet from another?

Give me a glided wand any day.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
And, I have yet to see a rotary tool that didn't slow you down. While many folks say they clean better, and intuitively I guess they must, the end result is the same as a wand. You simply have a clean looking carpet ... and that is what the customer wants. She can't tell if it is any better one way or the other, and the cleaners who say it is cleaner with the rotary tool are just guessing, cuz who can tell one clean looking carpet from another?

Give me a glided wand any day.

no............nonononononono............there is a huge differance of what you are able to flush out of a carpet that is rotary cleaned.......no comparison to wand cleaning........the filters never lie.....

and most clients can tell a difference..........

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I got rid of mine, it was limited to residential carpet. Since you generally have to wand over the area afterwards anyhow, I got a 175 and a few different drivers and brushes and I clean so much better than u ever did with the pw.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Here is an old post:

Very interesting thread. Too bad they don't make the dual counter rotating Powerglide anymore. Probably too heavy at about 100 pounds.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
They do make the dual counter rotating Rotovac that comes in at 38 pounds. Not much talk about it here.<O:p></O:p>
I don't have experience with these other rotary jet extractors, but I do with the original Rotovac. And I have read many threads and have listened most to those who have used or have both types of rotarys. They usually seem to agree that the original Rotovac will clean the best, though some don't use it for other reasons, feeling it is too slow or don't like the back and forth motion.<O:p></O:p>
Besides the lighter weight advantage, the twin head Rotovac has 6 jets and vacuum ports, and the two heads counter rotate to get all sides of the fiber a little better, and has very good agitation.<O:p></O:p>
There is a build up of heat under those domed chambers that helps clean better.<O:p></O:p>
No sloshing effect or over spray since all spray is confined under these cleaning heads.<O:p></O:p>
Easy to clean right up to walls and furniture, even helping with filtration stains.<O:p></O:p>
There is no torque, so will not get away from you to damage anything, doesn't pull on seams, and can clean a loose rug no problem.<O:p></O:p>
No learning curve. <O:p></O:p>
One handed operation.<O:p></O:p>
Has a wheel that can be raised or lowered as needed for different pile, and allows for more airflow rather than locking down, so much like a glide works. Adjusting the wheel makes it easier to move on heavy carpet.<O:p></O:p>
Can easily be used on stairs to get them really clean and take care of the nose well.<O:p></O:p>
Has a valve that can reduce the water flow.<O:p></O:p>
No streaking problems with proper overlapping.<O:p></O:p>
Durable for sure.<O:p></O:p>
Cost less to purchase.<O:p></O:p>
Can be used with either a truck mount or portable. (I use mine with a Powermatic)<O:p></O:p>
Can also get optional brushes so can be used for agitation.<O:p></O:p>
I am sure I am missing some other advantages (I didn't list any disadvantages, but I am sure someone will)<O:p></O:p>
My point is not to dismiss the little rascal. It will clean like stink.<O:p></O:p>
Loren<O:p></O:p>

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
I have a PC Powerglide. Bought it before learning about the RVs. It hasnt been used in 10 years, like new. Aquired the original RV powerwand,never was an issue locing down, not with the infinatly adjustable height adjustment. However, I also have 5 stair-pros and a 360i that are easier to operate than the original RV.Jim Martin hit it right on the head and Lorens comments ring true.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I picked up a low mileage powerwand from craigslist when I was a noob.

<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p
<o:p>
Can easily be used on stairs to get them really clean and take care of the nose well.<o:p></o
<o:p>
<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p<o:p</o
I respectfully disagree, the powerwand is a back breaker on a stairway. Cleans a stairway incredibly well but it leaves this old man in pain. It has no suction when going over the nose.

Nice tool for a one man show. With a two man crew a rotary brush and a wand is more efficient. It does take longer than just wanding a job. Using the powerwand on just the traffic and nasty areas and a standard wand on the perimeters and under furniture saves time. Do only your cleaning passes with the powerwand and the drying passes with your standard wand saves time as well.

The powerwand uses a lot of water. The stock jets are 1.5. I went down to 1.0 jets @ 400 psi and still chewed through double the water of a standard wand. Throttling down the flow with the shutoff valve on the handle of the powerwand will reduce flow but it also reduces efficiency.

You must maintain your powerwand, jets get clogged, the felt seals wear out, the vacuum port T near the heads clog often, just pay attention to performance and clean it daily.

My biggest beef is the gap between the heads. Your passes must be about a 60% overlap to get that stripe cleaned.

My Rotovac has been sitting on the shelf for a few years because I run a two man truck. I can not bring myself to part with it because it does clean very well and may be useful in the future if I am working alone. All in all a great tool in my arsenal.</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o</o

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom