Rotovac - Thumbs Up or Down

Mike S

I am just starting to research the carpet cleaning business and was curious to know if Rotovac was a respected company? If anybody uses any of the Rotovac products, I'd greatly appreciate some feedback.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have the original rotovac. It cleans second to none but it's overkill on all but the nastiest of carpets if your using a truckmount. Their chemicals suck. I've still got a couple of gallons of that rpm junk from when I bought the package 3 years ago. I guess I need to just throw it out. I can't imagine ever using it.

Name
I'm Rick James
When you are just starting out its good to just buy what you need to do the job.

All you need when starting out is a good TM, glides for your wand, vacuum cleaner, uph tool, stair tool, cleaning products, air mover, carpet groomer and some little odds and ends like stair straps ect.

There are a ton of toys you can buy, some in the $1,000's and you just dont need them when starting out. That is why many new companies go out of business. Save money for the winter months and marketing.

:mrgreen:

John Watson

Many start with less but, a rotovac and a portable are a lot better than jus a portable imo. I have had a RV since the first came out, Cliff the head guy there shoots a square deal, I will probably stop and bicker at his booth at connections just for old time sake!!!

John Buxton

Its a thumbs up but dont put the cart before the horse. Start without it and save money and get accounts first.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
First things first
Get a yellow page ad
Joe Polish CDs and a sales course
Ken Harris supplies
Joe Bristor supplies, spend alot of time talking to him
an Ace truckmount
a ride along with Rob Allen
Bridgepoint marketing program

NOT

I have a Rotovac that I started with when I had a porty and still use it today

Thumbs up for me! RotoVac is a company full of very helpful employees and they are much more pleasurable to work with than those at that other store.... The RotoVac is great for those trashed carpets, I use mine about 4 times a week and it produces outstanding results. I also know a lot of guys who use it instead of the wand, for me that takes just a bit too long to be able to come out of a non trashed home making a profit. :D

A RotoVac and a high powered Porty aint such a bad combo if you ask me.

Mike Draper

I use an RV-360 everyday. It's so easy to use and cleans awesome. The guys at Rotovac are awesome to work with. I've got over 1000 hours on my 360. great tool. However, it sucks ass on most cgd. My dry times are great to. ( dry times suck with the original rotovac)

Mike S

"However, it sucks ass on most cgd." - Okay, the newbie isn't down with the lingo, cgd??

ErikG

I have the original rotovac and it kicks ass on matted carpets, I agree the nastys look great but it takes awile maybe a 360 would be fASTER.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I just started using the Rotovac 360 last week because of back pain. It is a real back saver and is a very well built machine. The clean you can achieve with it is way beyond what I have ever gotten with a wand. However so far it is a little slower, but I think once I get the hang of it it will be as fast as a wand.

In small bedrooms with lots of furniture and detail work I think I will still use the wand, but then I roll in the 360 for the open areas.

If I'm not mistaken Greenie offers glides for the Rotovac which will be a good investment. On carpet that needs restretching it seems to pull it some.

The dry times are great too.

I give it a thumbs up!

Yes the Gliders are available, actually I believe both RotoVac and Greenie have glides for the 360. The glides are definitely a must have if you even think of using the 360 for commercial, I've used it w/ glides and it produces some amazing results.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Hey Mike S,

I personally like the RX-20 but only for commercial stuff.

To tell you the truth if you go with a truckmount and a 175 no one in town will beat your cleaning ability.

Keith

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Rotovac cleans like crazy and brings up the pile and everything in it. Easy to out clean your competitors, but you need to get more money than the low end guys. Rotovac is for the high end customer. One handed operation, can clean right up to baseboard, no torque so is safer and can easily clean loose rugs, can adjust cleaning height, great for stairs.

The company may be ok, but I disagree with their policy of forcing you to take a $100 credit if you send them back you old cleaning head after purchasing a new one. If you don't use your credit in a timely manner, you lose it. Really irritates me.

I have thought about buying the 360, but it kind of bugs me that it would be so easy to install a 2 inch vac shaft intead of the 1.5 inch hose connection.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Mikeyxj8 said:
To tell you the truth if you go with a truckmount and a 175 no one in town will beat your cleaning ability.

except me, when i come along and pre-spray, then prochem procaps machine, then RV-360.

I know you like that 360 but how about some high flow jets to flush with a glided wand, and your 2.5 vac hose?

The procaps machine is great but I still have issues with that 360.

Keith

Mike Draper

I know you like that 360 but how about some high flow jets to flush with a glided wand, and your 2.5 vac hose?

The procaps machine is great but I still have issues with that 360.

Keith

I have a greenhorn and really like it. Use on commercial and rental properties. For residential 99% of the time I'll use the RV-360.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have a greenhorn and really like it. Use on commercial and rental properties. For residential 99% of the time I'll use the RV-360.[/quote]

:? Just for show? What are the positives with the 360?

Keith

Mike Draper

Just got my greenhorn last week , but I've already cleaned abbout 14 places with it. The greenhorn will outclean 360 on CGD any day of the week, I run 600 psi and yes I do have the heat and Vac to make it work correctly. However I have cleaned 4 different residentials with it and I'll tell you why I will still use the 360 for residetial. Positives for the 360 are.............It rinses with more water at (300)to take out detergents,dry times are so far equal to greenhorn, but when cleaning any shag or thick cut pile the 360 has more scrubbing action that I can't do with the wand, it saves my back and energy and most of all, it sets me apart form the other cleaners. People like that, makes me different and I charge more for it. But I'll be running that greenhorn on pretty much all my commercial.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom