Rotovac XL........................ a different view

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I already have the 360i, plus I've also got the larger 15" head as well as all the other gadgets for the 360i.

My question is:: Can the larger motor that is standard on the XL machine, be retro-fitted to the 360i, or is it a whole new frame design with a larger footprint.??

Ta,

:yoda:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Mike.

Thought as much.

Don't think they make it in 220/240 volt A.T.P.I.T. :frown:

I'm slowing down on purchases and re-sizing my equipment with a view to making my working life easier. :winky:

Reactions: dealtimeman

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Shorty, did you try both the Hoss and the Roto and chose the Roto?

Or did you buy before the Hoss was out?

Curious as to the which you found to be better.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ofer, you are welcome to come down and try my HOSS and XL side by side at my house.

Supposedly I have the new teflon glides for the HOSS coming which are said to provide better extraction and a smoother ride

In reality the two units are damn near identical.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Ofer, you are welcome to come down and try my HOSS and XL side by side at my house.

Supposedly I have the new teflon glides for the HOSS coming which are said to provide better extraction and a smoother ride

So, is the Hoss worth an extra five bones over the 360XL?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
While both good machines and I like both I believe I would personally go with a hoss if the the new shoes really do what the few that have used them say they do. Because that will give you more versatility to use with portables or truckmounts while leaving the carpets much drier.

But again I have not personally used the new hoss shoes but hear they are great.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
on a few jobs ive wished I would have kept the stainless glides on, better agitation. new glides are so smooth they are like wanding it.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Shorty, did you try both the Hoss and the Roto and chose the Roto?

Or did you buy before the Hoss was out?

Curious as to the which you found to be better.

I bought my 360i about 3 or 5 years ago during a trip to Connections and after talking with the brothers there.

I don't think the Hoss was available back then.

I was also interested in it's tile & grout cleaning capabilities.

I still have my OLD CMX-20.

This is the OLD machine, 90rpm that also came with a module containing vac; & pressure pump.

Too big, too heavy & the wheels were far too small to take up stairs.

Even just using the base model without the module, it is heavy and with tiny wheels, so it was impractical for this type of work.

What I was looking for was a lighter machine that I could take up four flights of stairs with relative ease for crappy carpets and running hoses back down to my t/m.

Hence the 360i, I've never even tried operating a Hoss.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
There's something about those "swoop glides" or whatever they call them on the 360i. I can't believe the crap I pull out of some carpet, even after a thorough prevac. I mean hair, sand, grit, etc. the thing cleans great. BUT it is SLOW!!!

Does the XL dig like that? Does the Hoss dig like that? If they do, I'd consider upgrading.

A 15" head that doesn't streak would be great!

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
2arubyny.jpg

Pics like this make the ladies on Facebook go nuts!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

Thanks Mike.
I actually tried both at MF 10.

The Rotovac 15" was in my opinion a great improvement over the 360i which I didn't like. I still slightly preferred the Hoss, mostly because it seems to be a much sturdier unit. Though I have no proof it is.

Still reluctant to add one more tool into an already loaded van. A tool I may not use that frequently as i don't do many trashed carpets.
Currently I carry in the van: a vacuum, a 175 with shampoo brush and bonnets, zipper, two wands, two stair tools, a bunch of upholstery tools, a portable, a ramp to enable disabled people to go over the hoses, and all the other crazy nick knack stuff we all love to carry with us. Did I mention 325 feet of vacuum hose?

Also the pace of working with it will definitely require a mental adjustment on my OCD part. Not talking about carrying it up & through all these stairs in S.F.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I got it when they first came out. I was hoping with the lighter weight the guys would pull it off the truck now and then. We have 5 Powerglides and those puppies are built like tanks but they also weigh like a tank. None of the guys use them like they should.

So far the XL has been a nice tool and they do pull it off for impacted traffic areas and heavily soiled carpet.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
There's something about those "swoop glides" or whatever they call them on the 360i. I can't believe the crap I pull out of some carpet, even after a thorough prevac. I mean hair, sand, grit, etc. the thing cleans great. BUT it is SLOW!!!

Does the XL dig like that? Does the Hoss dig like that? If they do, I'd consider upgrading.

A 15" head that doesn't streak would be great!

I don't have experience with either, but to me the narrower width of the vac shoe on the Rotovac would seem to dig in better.

Mike says the XL is smoother than my 360i Quad head. Maybe that is due to the 4 knobs along with 4 vac shoes it rides on. The 360i Quad does not use the 4 additional knobs. My thinking would lean toward the 360i Quad digging deeper as a result, but maybe not since the XL is 30 pounds heavier.

Everyday since I picked up the 360i Quad at Mikefest, I think about how much I love it. So easy to use.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Everyday since I picked up the 360i Quad at Mikefest, I think about how much I love it. So easy to use.

The little machine is a joy to use. I pop the swoop head off and can quickly machine scrub large areas of carpet with either a white pad like this on delicate wool carpet with lots of food spots prior to steam cleaning:View attachment 4941

or put on a red pad and blast through a few rooms of soiled carpets in just minutes.

Of course the swoop head is always ready for work leveling out every situation to pure perfection. If you've got one of these machines you know how easy they are to not only to bring in, but to use, and you set yourself up as the quality cleaner in your market. A heavy rotary does you no good if you won't take it off the truck because it's too much work to do so.

Ron K

The little machine is a joy to use. I pop the swoop head off and can quickly machine scrub large areas of carpet with either a white pad like this on delicate wool carpet with lots of food spots prior to steam cleaning:View attachment 4941

or put on a red pad and blast through a few rooms of soiled carpets in just minutes.

Of course the swoop head is always ready for work leveling out every situation to pure perfection. If you've got one of these machines you know how easy they are to not only to bring in, but to use, and you set yourself up as the quality cleaner in your market. A heavy rotary does you no good if you won't take it off the truck because it's too much work to do so.

Art what size TM are you running with that also what size waste tank? Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom