Round Hole Square Peg..

Ron K

So the flavor of the month is Rotary's.

What are you running for a truck mount with them.

Does the TM keep up?

In heat?

Water removal?

Dry times compared to a Wand?

Waste tank Capacity?

I used an old root vac and my Mastermatic could keep up but also had a 100 gallon waste tank and 220,000 btu's.

Now I have a 20hp Legend and I doubt it's a good match not enough heat and a 60 Gallon tank.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Rotarys are hardly the flavor of the month. They've been around since long before the notion of steam cleaning carpets existed and indeed, were stand alone systems or used with wet vacs since in home cleaning became popluar 70 or 80 years ago. They're still around because they give the best visual results. The RX-20 came out 30 odd years ago and combined rotary with steam cleaning albeit with a heavy, slow, barely adequate method. It was improved over the years, and many manufactorers have entered the market with many improvements. I'm still liking the 360i the best, due to it's light weight, aggressive cleaning, versatility and ability to use the standard head on heavily soiled stairs. It replaced my heavy 175 rotary I used for 35 years and haven't touched since I bought the 360i.I haven't concerned myself if my TM (Pro1200) can keep up with the heat as the cleaning head beating the carpet obviates the necessity for the extreme heats a wand alone needs. It goes through a lot of water but rarely does the 150 gallon waste tank need to be dumped before the job is done. Dry times beat a wand alone especially if you bother to spend the extra 45 seconds to make a dry pass in a room. And when I combine the 360i with an auto fill/auto dump portable it really shines.
I just saw a Mytee T-Rex at the local Interlink dealer,and I must say it is very impressive looking. I'm hearing good things about it's speed and cleaning ability. But I picked it up and it felt like picking up Rosie O'Donnell. I can't imagine carrying her through four or five thresholds a day for weeks and months at a time.

Reactions: Newman

Ron K

Thanks for your reply Art. I do realize the rx has been around for some time.
Do you you use your 360 mainly with a portable or your pro 1200?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
I use the 360i wherever I would have used the 175, with either system employed.That is to say, on most jobs it gets at least some use. It's quite the labor saver, and since I work alone, it helps prevent injury.

Ron K

Art has you production time increased or decrease since using the 360. I used to 2 step with a 20" Floor scrubber so I know what a pain that is. I actually used to wand right handed but the weight of the scrubber in and out of a pick up bed messed up my right arm so much I had to switch. ALso with my set-up I now get dry times of sometimes less than an hour first or second area/room how are yours with the 360?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The 360i dry times will be longer than your wand, put if you get the smaller jets you may see better dry times.

I use the wand maybe 1-3 times a week, it's mostly all 360i, regardless of soil levels.

Ron K

So what are you running Bill? .................I have a Prochem 20hp
Do you do a lot of Two Stories................ 40% probably for us
How much hose do you run.................... 70% 100'

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Art has you production time increased or decrease since using the 360. I used to 2 step with a 20" Floor scrubber so I know what a pain that is. I actually used to wand right handed but the weight of the scrubber in and out of a pick up bed messed up my right arm so much I had to switch. ALso with my set-up I now get dry times of sometimes less than an hour first or second area/room how are yours with the 360?

I don't know about all that, but I did find out Rosie O'Donnell's weight. On Answer.com they said it was 280 lbs. and sometimes as much as 300 lbs.(136 kg).:eekk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom