RSVP, one last try..

Mikey P

Administrator
although I have not lost money it's been less than gangbusting results.

Let see what this does.

Used the Joe Polish guidelines to writing a proper card campaign..

15c084c7.jpg

828978c9.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
RSVP around here is a small postcard type thing wrapped in plastic with about 100 other postcard. Heavy card stock, nice piece, full color, normally mailed to higher income zip codes.

Have yet to see a long term carpet cleaner in the packet. Cost is much higher than Val-Pak, Money Mailer... Those images are about full sized. Not big pieces.

Question Mikey,

Why not make the logo stand out. Full color. Over all not bad but the bottom half of the front side looks blaaa

C

cory kenyon

rsvp targets high end homes. all the cards look professionally done. i hope the polish thing works.

Name
Nate W.
danielc said:
No wonder it doesn't work good.

Find a magazine like this one and take out a full page ad.

I should do that.

All the rich people look at this magazine.

Women are obessed with it.

You are a nobody unless you are in the magazine at least once per year.

http://www.rsvpmagazine.com/10moststylishmemphians

I think you'd still be a nobody after with less money............. shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Jus jokin!

Bjorn

You Get The Most Thorough Cleaning Ever, Guaranteed

forgot to put this on the card

B

Bill G. Martin

Looks nice....needs a time. ....a date for a call to action.....otherwise you might see this piece put in a drawer and forgotten about.

Bill in Central Florida

B

Bill G. Martin

Ok, sorry, I now figured it out....there is an expiration on the "back side" of the post card....I thought it was two completly different ad's.

Bill in Central Florida

my bad

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
RSVP worked really well for me. High end homes.
They stopped mailing in my area or I would probably still be using them.

RickL

I used RSVP and did very well with it although I primarily featured stone cleaning , polishing and color sealing. Big price at least in atlanta and figured I needed to get big dollar jobs. The thing I didn't like about it is they will not give exclusivity I did two areas and in one of the areas where no one else advertised the same service I did well in the other area where another person advertised the same service I didn't do as well. You will continue to get calls long after the cards have gone out people save them for ALONG time.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Hopefully you are really hammering them for price Mike esp since you are not overjpoyed with response. In my opinion you need to give these types of products (and most but specially the periodic ones), at least 3-6 times in a ro to get some brand awareness and to hit people in their cleaning needs cycle.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I remember being in it with some heavy hitters in the area. I would always see the postcards on the counter etc when I arrived. They were talking to about 3 of us.

Exclusivity is important and I only know of one company doing that...shameless plug. shiteatinggrin

I won some and lost some. Most homes were in the $800.00 range for just carpet. I feel like I only would have lost to price and you know how that goes. If they are price shopping I'm not too sure I want their business anyway.

That mentality has changes some since then.

If I remember right, it was about $1500 to $1800 for a mailing of about 30,000.
I made my money back and then some...of course I split the jobs 50/50 so I doubled what I put out at least.

They designed the cards and they looked really nice.

Ken is right about mailing at least 3-6 times before making a final decision. I only mailed 3 times I think and it got better with each. But like I said, they stopped the service in my area.
Go figure.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
1500-1800 is their rack rate Brian. In our area they do 50,000 and it can be had for much much less than $1500

Ken
Ps I would never let the pub design your piece, it will likely look like 1/3 of the other pieces in the packet.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I gave them the pretty and they put it on paper.

They started out at $1800 for 10,000 listings (Sac area). I'm sure now I could do even better all things considered.

Ken...always the hustler. :mrgreen:

EDIT: I should go back and look. For some reason I remember the mailings to be more than 30,000.
Either way, there are deals to be had.
I think they gave me "3 areas" or some crazy thing...it's been over 2 years since I did it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom