Rug Cleaning Work Order Proccess

Rug_Girl

Name
Alyssa Tillett
I have a question on the process of how you handle work orders from start to finish? How do you keep track of what's in your shop to be cleaned?

A little background on me. I work in the office of a carpet/rug cleaning facility. I'm the one who talks to customers and then to our techs. Our process when a rug comes in we take the customer information down, tag the rug with customers name, our techs take the work order and are supposed to write down any issues they see during inspection (sometimes they forget to write down things when they inspect rugs). The rug is then washed and dried and when they finish with the rug and wrap it I get the work order back and I call the customer.

I feel like there is an easier way to do this than what we are currently doing. Sometimes work orders get lost or forgotten and then "surprise" there's a work order that's been sitting there for a few weeks. This frustrates me (and the cutomer). So what is your process for handling work orders? I want to keep the customers happy and make sure the techs are doing their job at the same time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I would make sure the work order has a duplicate. One copy goes to the shop and is placed in a designated location. The other copy goes to the office and is placed in an in tray until it is processed. Makes it easy to keep track of what's left to do. When the rug is processed and ready for pick up or delivery, the work orders should come together again and an invoice created. Both copies of the work order should be attached to a copy of the invoice for reference. Anything that the shop guys notice on the rug during inspection and cleaning should be noted on their copy of the work order. sometimes, just clipboards work great or have designated in/out trays just for the work orders.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have a question on the process of how you handle work orders from start to finish? How do you keep track of what's in your shop to be cleaned?

A little background on me. I work in the office of a carpet/rug cleaning facility. I'm the one who talks to customers and then to our techs. Our process when a rug comes in we take the customer information down, tag the rug with customers name, our techs take the work order and are supposed to write down any issues they see during inspection (sometimes they forget to write down things when they inspect rugs). The rug is then washed and dried and when they finish with the rug and wrap it I get the work order back and I call the customer.

I feel like there is an easier way to do this than what we are currently doing. Sometimes work orders get lost or forgotten and then "surprise" there's a work order that's been sitting there for a few weeks. This frustrates me (and the cutomer). So what is your process for handling work orders? I want to keep the customers happy and make sure the techs are doing their job at the same time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
We do basically the same thing with the exception of we have a rug folder on our network with a monthly file for Rugs and a separate one for Upholstery.

Our office can visually check at a glance and see what is due and check 9n it's progress. It's just a WORD calendar file nothing special but it seems to help.

Our next step is to add a PC so the tech's can email images, dimensions and completion notifications.

Rug_Girl

Name
Alyssa Tillett
I was thinking of having 2 "work orders". Number 1 would be the customer info and any known problems of the rug. This would be kept in the office. Number 2 would have the customer name, known rug issues, and then the inspection list. When the rug is completed I could have the techs give me the inspection paper and I put it with work order #1.

Maybe that's to complicated though?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I was thinking of having 2 "work orders". Number 1 would be the customer info and any known problems of the rug. This would be kept in the office. Number 2 would have the customer name, known rug issues, and then the inspection list. When the rug is completed I could have the techs give me the inspection paper and I put it with work order #1.

Maybe that's to complicated though?
Isn't that exactly what I said?

Rug_Girl

Name
Alyssa Tillett
Isn't that exactly what I said?
Istead of having 2 copies of the same work order, I would have the inspection sheet in the shop and the customer info in the office. 2 seperate things but once rugs are finished they go together. So yes, it's similar to what you said.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Ron K

We have an
Invoice..stays in office
Tag...follows rug with name, date, one of one, and color coated marker with a dot... yellow for pee, red for repair, purple for pad.....
W.O.S. work order sheet. 1/4 page paper with name, size, received,photoed,due,final inspection, and place to initial by employee who completed task. Also Notes special instructions/repair,cut pad,
wrapping, whatever. Have a little steel strip and Magnets holding each WOS for each rug as it goes through our process from station to station.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom