Rug delivery & furniture placement. What's your policy?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have no problem moving small furniture when picking or delivering rugs. And most clients clear the furniture of the rugs prior to pickup and the room prior to delivery.

However, some clients expect heavy furniture moving and rearranging. It is most difficult when delivering the rug, as at times it is practically impossible to lay the rug on pad, without clearing the entire room. Which may require two people and a substantial amount of both time & effort.

How do you tackle this?
In advance? How?
Do you charge extra?
Don't offer that option?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
This week I have been in a mood and just told them we won't move their entire room to get a rug out... Unless they want to pay us $200 per hour....

Things started to get moved...

It's not the drugs... Just pissy.... It's a Marty thing this week.

Next week I might be back to myself... Looking for a snickers bar though...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Yes, in advance.Over the phone or an email.

"Roll up and Relay" are not a part of the "Pickup & Delivery " charge. Is this something you will be needing also?

It has to an add on service. Not everyone wants or needs it, so it is available for those that chose it.
I am taking back anything I may have said about you and or

shopping
's

No matter what they say in Chandler AZ. In my book you're the man.

I've updated all my emails.
Thanks.

Name
Jeff T
I have no problem moving small furniture when picking or delivering rugs. And most clients clear the furniture of the rugs prior to pickup and the room prior to delivery.

However, some clients expect heavy furniture moving and rearranging. It is most difficult when delivering the rug, as at times it is practically impossible to lay the rug on pad, without clearing the entire room. Which may require two people and a substantial amount of both time & effort.

How do you tackle this?
In advance? How?
Do you charge extra?
Don't offer that option?
I charge enough that it makes it worth my time. Carry a selection of felt slides, a lift buddy, and MAKE IT WORK... part of of the job as I see it....

Tom Forsythe

Wait until you return a 10 X 14 rug with new thick pad to put under a king size bed and the lady of the house has a ruler out. I think that took an hour or so with a helper. At least we got a tip along with a sore back the next day. We did not charge her more.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Wait until you return a 10 X 14 rug with new thick pad to put under a king size bed and the lady of the house has a ruler out. I think that took an hour or so with a helper. At least we got a tip along with a sore back the next day. We did not charge her more.
Nothing wrong charging for the labor involved. When you pick it up, you usually know where and how it is going to go back. That's when you want to set a price. Smaller rugs, I don't mind rolling out, even moving a piece of furniture or two.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

I swear we have her sister as a client :biggrin:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
You all charge for respreads?

We have it as part of our price list that the respread fee will be determined at the time of pickup. I just asked our main pick-up and delivery driver how often he charges for it. He seemed to remember doing it a couple of times over the past few years.

Our business model is one that we encourage our customers to bring their rugs into us. Pickup and delivery represents less that 15% of our total rug volume.

Reactions: Cleanworks and ruff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom