rug doctor chems

kevinj61

has anyone ever tried rug doctor chems (not their machines of course) in their TM's or porty--I almost bought some today just out of curiosity to try at home just for the hell of it--how bad can they be--if they work (somewhat) on their cheap machines maybe, just MAYBE they might work in a quailty real machine

Jamesh921

Name
James
I tried them years ago when I used to run a porty. Those chems (back then) were WAY less potent than your professional chems. And when you factor the costs, the pro chems are WAY cheaper. That was 20+ years ago. Don't know what they're like now.

Name
jack zerkie
Rug Dr chems are for homeowner use and even then they are not that good. Back in the80,s I did the follow up work on the complaints that they had from the rentals.I found that most didn,t follow mix as listed and to many extra glugs only made it worst, the proudcts had way to much foam, maybe not to over soak but that usually was the problem. Buy your supplies from al local cpt. store and follow the mix directions . jz.

kevinj61

yea how the hell are the rug doctor chems CRI approved---doesn't say much for the CRI does it??

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Even if it was a great solution (which it isn't), you can make 5 gallons of any other prespray on the market for the price of one gallon of that stuff.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Back in the early 1970's (pre rental days) Rug Doctor aimed at the professional CC market with then state of the art machines. Their chemicals were at that time brutally effective, but wouldn't be acceptable now.

For example, in 1976 I walked thru their Fenton MO (StLouis) plant and observed their killer deodorizer was being packaged. Two ingredients: a drum of fragrance and a drum of formaldehyde.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Lee Stockwell said:
Back in the early 1970's (pre rental days) Rug Doctor aimed at the professional CC market with then state of the art machines. Their chemicals were at that time brutally effective, but wouldn't be acceptable now.

For example, in 1976 I walked thru their Fenton MO (StLouis) plant and observed their killer deodorizer was being packaged. Two ingredients: a drum of fragrance and a drum of formaldehyde.

I hear from the old timers that formaldehyde was the best deodorizer ever. :shock:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
it either killed or preserved that which caused the odour haha

I remember in science lab, the teacher said when he knew he'd be doing a long dissection, he'd walk in, open the pail, inhale deeply, it would burn out his sense of smell and he could work all day in the lab.
Nasty stuff! I still have wrinkles in my finger tips 20yrs later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom