Rug Doctor test protocol VS Rug Doctor website instructions

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I would love to hear what protocol was specified for #of passes, cleaning and dry passes, etc. for the Rug Doctor System in the CRI testing. It certainly wasn't the instructions they print on their website for cleaning with their machines:

"Start Cleaning
1. Refer to the label on top of machine and turn machine ON for carpet cleaning. For some machine types you may also need to turn on the Vacuum ON switch.
2. While squeezing the red trigger switch OR (depending on model), pressing the red thumb switch on the handle, pull machine slowly and steadily backward in a straight line, keeping the vacuum slot against carpet surface. You will begin to see dirty water entering the clear dome. (If you don't, stop and refer to the Troubleshooting section or call 1-800-784-3628.)
3. Release the trigger or thumb switch 6 to 12 inches before ending pass to stop cleaning solution spray. Tilt the machine back and move forward to position it for another cleaning pass. Overlap passes 2 inches to ensure even cleaning.
4. The tank is empty when you hear the machine sound change and dirty water stops entering the dome. Stop and empty the UPPER white tank and refill the lower tank. Continue cleaning."

No mention of multi-directional passes, multiple passes or dry passes. Pre-vacuuming is mentioned as an if desired step. The criteria used to test them should be the same as the instructions they provide on the correct use of their products. It wasn't and that is wrong in my opinion.

Take care,
Lisa

Rex Tyus

The criteria used to test them should be the same as the instructions they provide on the correct use of their products. It wasn't and that is wrong in my opinion.

I agree Lisa. The same should hold true for the franchise "systems" that are approved. In order to receive a favorable rating said franchise should be required to have a WRITTEN policy for disciplining franchisees that are found to be in non-compliance.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I don't know why this thread has gotten so little attention compared to the letter one...THIS IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT TO US.

Does testing protocol for systems have to reflect real world usage instructions and training?

IT SHOULD!!!

Take care,
Lisa

Greg Loe

I concur with your thoughts about testing the systems according to each true protocol for cleaning.

I agree too. The Rug Doctor's website should have to recommend the procedure that got them the Gold.

I agree with Rex's idea too.

Karl

John Watson

I am sure their Money was talking all during the testing.

You are absolutely right. The testing criteria and protocols don't seem exact one to another. Wonder why??? Just like mining and divorces I suppose. They get the Gold we get the shaft......

Back
Top Bottom