Rug Help

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
I don't do too many rugs, but I've got a property manager that wants to get a couple done. Any tips before I get started?

I have the following equip/chems:

Truckmount
Cimex - champagne pads, bonnet pads, brushes
dirtnapper
greenstripe bonnets
oreck orbiter
6x airmovers

Grand Slam
Grease eraser
ReleaseIt
Hatian Cotton powder
Trashed II

First rug - 8x10 wool - lightly soiled:

rug1-1.jpg

rug1-2.jpg

rug1-3.jpg

Second rug - 6' circle - moderately soiled - moderately worn

rug2-1.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
The rug is a machine made wool on cotton foundation,

Its hard to tell but the second braid looks like it could be a cotton.

Here would be my cleaning plan with the equipment you have listed, mind you its not a full wash like either of these rugs may need but it will provide a good thorough cleaning.

Wool rug: Vacuum the wool rug very thoroughly on the front then flip it over.. vacuum the back very slowly and you will end up dropping out a lot of dry soil. Flip it over and vacuum it again. Repeat if you find alot of soiling until you remove all of the dry soil.

Then use your cimex and brushes with Releasit in the shampoo tank and normal dilution. Shampoo the rug with the releasit and, then extract with your truckmount in the direction of the nap, acid rinse would be perfect if you have any. Otherwise hot water is fine. Detail blast the fringes and groom them out. Groom the entire rug afterwards with a simple pile brush.

With the Braid, you need to determine if its cotton, wool or synthetic. Regardless of fiber type, vacuum the rug both sides.
Even if it is cotton,
If you rinse well you can use the releasit and and an acid rinse like the wool rug, just dry as quickly as you can, and minmize moisture.

If its synethetic and has alot of soiling, you could use the grease eraser or the grandslam for better soil suspension

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
Thanks so much for the help. Sounds like perfect instructions. BTW, you have reason to be concerned about my big toe. IT's ugly. I had my toenails removed about 20 years ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom