Rug Junkies

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
can anyone tell me about these rugs? A very wealthy family gave these to a lady I know. She was wondering what they would be worth.
These are the pics she sent me. If you need to see anything else let me know and I'll have her send me more shots.
Thanks
persianrugs003.jpg

persianrugs004.jpg

persianrugs001-1.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
the pics are a little small, but the first one looks like a Heriz and the second one looks to be either an afghan or turkish. Though I'd lean towards the Afghan. With any rug, the value is based on age, marketplace desire, and current decorating trends. Typically your more valueable rugs are going to be older than WWII and the big money rugs will be over 100 years. Anything newer than WWII is based on replacement value only and in some cases have no real value except outside of insurance replacement.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
the first rug is a Herez circa 1935 -1950's the second rug is a S.Persian rug tribal in origin but these are often referred to in the trade as "Shiraz"

I hate to even talk price with rugs like this i don't think the market has hit bottom i know of an 8x10 ish herez similar vintage good condition sold for 900.00 thats 11.25 Sq Ft!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
That's for sure Randy- our 100's of Persian rugs are worth a fraction of what they were a few years ago. Even the ones we bought for 10 cents on the dollar have minimal margin in them now. The market for Persian rugs is virtually non-existant in the Midwest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom