Rug Plant in progress pics.

Mikey P

Administrator
Prepping the ground to install the sump pump for the 12 by 16 Concrete wash pit.
rug001.jpg

rug002.jpg

rug003.jpg

Air Pressure hook up just to the left of the Pit

rug004.jpg

Think this baby can handle the job?
rug006.jpg

rug007.jpg

If not we have this back up compressor.

rug008.jpg

White building in back will be the flat cleaning area, site of future Centrifuge wringer and storage.
Drying room will be off to the left.

rug005.jpg

How much pressure is needed to effectively needed to blast the dirt out?

And what kind of gun/wand do I need?

Also, would OHalick, Hagopian or Hyde please be so kind to give me a list of all the basic cleaning agents, dye locks, fringe cleaners and what not that I'll need beyond the stuff I got on my truck. Also a good place to buy all this stuff under one roof.

Thank you very much.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Mike who did you contact to come up with that project? For the "blue prints" of the pit, size, etc.

Also what is the cubic feet of the the pit area building w/ width, height, length?

harryhides

Name
Tony
You gonna set up a drying rack ?

I gots a real nice 28 frame one, all electric so P could even work it while answering the phone.

Mikey P

Administrator
No Harv, I'm just gonna roll em up wet. :roll:

Send it down, you still owe me for all the supplies from your testing debacle.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Should I just send it by US Mail ?
Take the supplies bill off the 20k for this beauty.

RugBayOverview3.jpg

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Mikey P said:
We "contacted" the Talisman here in town and Joe Appleby.

cubic feet?

why do you want to know that?

We've been looking at few comm properties for that could be used for rug washing, i ran into one that does not have any heat/ac system, was trying to figure out the cubic ft to see what kind of portable system i would need to heat/cool the place up, etc. The one place i'm speaking of was roughly 35 ft by 29 ft wide, and a 16 ft ceiling.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Are you planning to do an Auserehl style air dusting, or just use compressed air to blow water out of fringes? If you want to air dust, call Phil Auserehl at Castle Rug Cleaning or orientalrugcleaning.com and ask if he will sell a wand without the rest of the 'system.' You can ask him if your compressor is big enough for air dusting while you're at it. He told me he recommends a 25 HP unit.

Make sure you get a box of these:

ppe_full_body.png

Would you air dust and use the RugBadger too?

A good start for Oriental rug cleaning chemicals would be to use the MasterBlend line. Aaron can give you help getting going. Contact him for purchase options.

Mikey P

Administrator
lordy.

I think I'll stick to the Badger and just use the air for extreme messes and drying.

Masterblend it is.

Arron and I go way back.

Thanks Brian.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Why a sump pump can’t you tie into the sewer?

I don’t buy much formulate rug cleaning products I’ve found what we blend per cleaning works better and is a lot cheaper than something sitting in a bottle for 6 months shipped a thousand miles.

That said I like
Masterbleend fringe bleach
Bridge point rust remover
Ultra pac renovate on really nasty olefin rugs

You should look at chem-max cleaning products they have or had an oriental rug cleaning sample pac I think you need to call to order

http://www.chemmaxonline.com/

harryhides

Name
Tony
Mikey P said:

It's really not necessary to address me in this manner.

And yes both Aaron and chem-max have some good stuff.

Looking good so far.

I MAY also have some air tools for sale but won't know til the rest of my Rug Plant is gone.

harryhides

Name
Tony
rhyde said:
harryhides said:
I MAY also have some air tools for sale but won't know til the rest of my Rug Plant is gone.

are you getting out of rug cleaning..?

Sold my business and am retiring, well sort of and moving to BC so I'll likely be down your way, once in a while.

Jose Smith

harryhides said:
Sold my business and am retiring, well sort of and moving to BC so I'll likely be down your way, once in a while.
rhyde said:
harryhides said:

are you getting out of rug cleaning..?

Congratulations!!! Enjoy all the extra time.

Jose Smith

The Preacher

[/quote]Congratulations!!! Enjoy all the extra time.[/quote]

following FArty MArdy around is his new full time job!!!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Hey Miky lookin good. We also formulate most of our products for specialty work and we created a custum formula that a non- industry blender makes for us to use withour Moore. We have found it cleans better, rinses better, leaves a better hand and it costs us about 30% less than buying from an industry supplier. We go through more than 250 pails a year so that starts to be real money.

Ken
Ps Tony, if you are seriously interested in selling your hoist system I may have some interest. Please email me all the specs i.e. overall length, width & height~ pole widths etc.
Pps~ I'm assuming you added a digit by mistake in your stated price.

The Preacher

Ken Snow said:
we created a custum formula that a non- industry blender makes for us to use withour Moore. We have found it cleans better, rinses better, leaves a better hand and it costs us about 30% less than buying from an industry supplier. We go through more than 250 pails a year so that starts to be real money.

have you tried to strike a deal with an industry supplier to help them and you??? sounds like your more about $$ than relationships. i hope the 30% saved is used for the employees and not pocketed by Mgmt!!!

Jose Smith

Like other ruggies here, I also prefer not to use formulated "rug cleaners" developed by carpet cleaners. It is less money (much less) to go another route. For instance, I can buy a gallon of something to set dyes from a supplier, or I can go to Costco and by gallons and still have plenty left over from what I would have spent.

But cost is not the only issue. Performance is everything! What I buy by the gallons at Costco will work every time. I have sampled some of the other products sold by suppliers. They may work if your lucky.

The same goes for the cleaners I use.

Jose Smith

Mikey P

Administrator
Jose Smith said:
Like other ruggies here, I also prefer not to use formulated "rug cleaners" developed by carpet cleaners. It is less money (much less) to go another route. For instance, I can buy a gallon of something to set dyes from a supplier, or I can go to Costco and by gallons and still have plenty left over from what I would have spent.

But cost is not the only issue. Performance is everything! What I buy by the gallons at Costco will work every time. I have sampled some of the other products sold by suppliers. They may work if your lucky.

The same goes for the cleaners I use.

Jose Smith

Jeeze Jose, you're always so helpful.

What could it possibly hurt to mention the product you're using. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom