Rug question

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
If you have a bleeder and or crocking problem with a wool woven rug what is the best dye fixative and how certain are the results? We have used a few different products but not sure now of the best way to go. Thanks for the help.
Al

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We have used a few different products but not sure now of the best way to go.
What did you like, and what has changed to make you unsure now?

Crocking and bleeding are both dye movement, but would have different treatments. Which is the concern?

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Crocking on some and bleeding on others. I used dye lock before and never had one not work out and I used something recommended by Nathan Koets but can't remember the name of it. Bought it in a 5 gallon pail, saturate rug and flush with water until it releases no more dye and the product would keep the dyes from dyeing the other colors. That worked well but was pretty labor intensive and seemed better for crocking that a rug that bleeds as it dries. What do you use or recommend? If we have a bleeder now we use low moisture/ fast drying and it works well but does not allow for heavy soil or urine removal.
al

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We've been using a MasterBlend or Americolor product. Spray the rug (don't have to soak), let dry or sit for some time, wash. I would guess that many of the products on the market that work the same way are substantially the same.

The products made for cotton or rayon don't work as well as those made for use with wool.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Thanks Harry and Bryan. Interesting that if someone writes "Hey I saw Greenie at the market" or "Should I fire this customer?" it gets two pages of replies but serious questions merit 3 or 4 replies. There have to be a few more here who know whats going on and what works.
Ak

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom