Rug storage tubes, what are the benefits?

Name
Nate W.
Mikey P said:
besides being able to get to a rug with out moving others.

And how much and where can I get them.

For us, it's a rediculous price to pay for them. If you can piggyback on to a company that buys alot of it, then it would be worth it. Slides easier, easier to find, and boy do the tubes take up some room. :lol:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We don't like them as it takes up too much space in our bins. Wrapping the rugs in paper gives them the slipperyness (new word) to allow them to be binned 2-4 high in each bin and still come out fairly easily.

Ken

John Watson

Like was said sonoco tubes, or check with a concrete supplier. They carry different sizes for concrete forms. Tubes "do you like em or not" is just like the Power reel, so do some don't. I have a few (7) 10 footers that I haven't set up yet the way I want. I have a cart to put them on to make them mobile so I can move them around. I had them stationary in my last 3 shops and they worked ok. If you do decide to go with the tubes, get a chimeny brush to fit the different sized tube you get so you can sweep out occasionaly.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
John, you sweep them out with rug fringes! Which is why we wrap Oriental rugs before storing.

Sonoco is a big supplier, but check around your local area for "paper tubes." The last batch we purchased came from a company that beat Sonoco by half, and transporting bulky items from a distant supplier can add a lot of expense. Sometimes the manufacturer will give you a bulk discount if you're willing to wait until others order the same size tube, as it cuts their costs to build more of one size at a time.

If you buy concrete forms you have to get heavy walled ones, as the thin ones will crush. Some forms are waxed so they're easier to remove from set concrete, but the wax will get gummy and make it difficult to get rugs in and out. Don't buy waxed.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Ken Snow said:
We don't like them as it takes up too much space in our bins. Wrapping the rugs in paper gives them the slipperyness (new word) to allow them to be binned 2-4 high in each bin and still come out fairly easily.

Ken
New word or need a spelling bee :)
Definition
Noun 1. Slipperinessslipperiness - a slippery smoothness; "he could feel the slickness of the tiller"
slick, slickness, slip
smoothness - a texture without roughness; smooth to the touch; "admiring the slim smoothness of her thighs"; "some artists prefer the smoothness of a board"
2. Slipperinessslipperiness - the quality of being a slippery rascal
shiftiness, trickiness, rascality
dishonesty - the quality of being dishonest

Back
Top Bottom