Rug Sucker up close and personal

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
The Rug Sucker visits Mikey's Fest@Nashville-July 21-23-2016:

Before going please have a look at the 3 videos on our website to understand what will be demonstrated:

https://www.centrumforce.com/products/the-rug-sucker

I will bring some new ones down in case someone needs to take a set home after the demo.
RugSuckerPieces_sm.png

Reactions: Mark Saiger

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Does anyone have experience using one of these?

That is why I will be the one demonstrating it. When I bought my set from the inventor, he joined me at my place for a day of working with it. Even Randy Hyde flew out to play with it too.

Do you have questions I can address?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Does anyone have experience using one of these?

Its a real time saver-- though not as much as a real centrifuge-- nor the investment as Well.--
Warning!!--- making a KnockOff (PVC) will only be a waste of time and money!
While the Rug sucker is working you can do other tasks--- or would you prefer to push a wand?
I'm going to go above my MB's "pay grade" and say ITS a Must Have.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
That is why I will be the one demonstrating it. When I bought my set from the inventor, he joined me at my place for a day of working with it. Even Randy Hyde flew out to play with it too.

Do you have questions I can address?
not really, I just have a hard time taking the word of a salesman as the best thing ever. most of the time those things have turned out to be the flavor of the month for the company. I don't mean to offend you in any way Tom, I just don't know you and never met you.
What is the purpose of having two 3 foot pipe sections? Most of the rugs I deal with are 8x10 making the 6 foot section too small to be of use. Are there extension kits available, do we have to buy 2 setups?

Its a real time saver-- though not as much as a real centrifuge-- nor the investment as Well.--
While the Rug sucker is working you can do other tasks--- or would you prefer to push a wand?
I would have no room or use for a centrifuge so this would be a great space saver. The original rug sucker was easy to knock off but now that they have dimpled the tube like the original water claw I believe it to be far better design.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Yep. It must be the dimples that make it better-- much better then the water claw too!--
its like why didn't someone think of this Sooner!?--
Randy Hyde--- u came so close, this is just 1 or 2 steps in improvement from your "Armenian centrifuge"
It worked fine on an 8x 10. Just follow the instructions--I think the instructions also improved the performance.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Nate W.
I had the bright idea of drilling holes in 2" PVC, capped off 1 end and tried forcing water through it while rolled up leaning against the wall.... Wasn't a bright idea after...

The Rug Sucker does look to be a time saver... Extract one rug while working on another...

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Jeremy, I'm not offended in the least.

Here is my background: I am a rug washer making rug washing equipment that I use in my business everyday. That is what gave birth to Centrum Force. Greg Turcotte, my partner is likeminded. He is a rug washer and innovator. We collaborated on our Centrum Force brand. We co-own and operate our own fabrication and build shop. We bought the MOR Time Saving Equipment Company 4 years ago. That brand is the big in-plant automated rug processing equipment. Those who know both of us will confirm we do not pressure people with sales. We present, you decide.

Please note: We did not invent The Rug Sucker, but we saw its value and I bought one at full retail because I was curious and wanted to try it out before our last Rug Summit. It worked! I think it is a fine entry level tool for sure. After my testing, Centrum Force became a distributor, first with Joe Roberts directly. Thereafter, with Rugged Industries that took over from Roberts and made tooling design changes and facilitated the manufacturing. (I had some Rug Sucker owners demonstrate it along with me last fall at the Rug Summit)

The reason it was recently retooled and came out in 3 foot sections was for packaging, functionality and price.

As for size: You can keep adding length in 3 foot sections easily with the connections designed in the tool. If you acquire two full sets, it gives you 12 feet! (An investment of only $798 plus shipping) Those lengths will be able to do over 95% of rugs you probably will see commonly in the residential market. If you get 15' or bigger rugs, then just invest in another set for only $399. If you do rugs regularly, making that investment in these tools will pay for itself very quickly if you charge at least around $3 a square foot. (Example: 9' X 12' = over $300! Get another $100, or more, for urine decontamination. It is all made easier with the tool's ability to help you rinse well) In summary, the use of The Rug Sucker will give you a better finished product due to the rinsing and drying you can accomplish.

The tools require a good extraction machine that creates truck mount type water lift. (For a portable, I found the ETM by MyTee satisfactory and therefore now Centrum Force distributes those too for in-plant set-ups)

There are many ways that may be considered as alternative methods to rinse and dry a rug. This is just one that is easy and economical.

It has not replaced my 14' centrifuge. Nor the 100 of so Centrum Force has sold across North America. Yet, that does not diminish its value in my eyes.

Anymore questions?

Ron K

What did you use before Papa?

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
What did you use before Papa?
Full past history:
Evolution wand, Hoss, Zipper, Drieze Rover and rarely the water claw.
The Zipper and Rover are great but can't muilt-task. I made a knock-off rug sucker w PVC and only uses it once cause It was a waste of time.
I like the rug sucker because while It's doing its thing I can work on the next rug.
Most importantly-- It satisfied my urge to buy a centrifuge-- which I have neither the space nor money.
I don't know If it dries rugs adequately enough to be cleaning rugs in customers driveway and just drying in the customer's home-- I guess this would depend the weather.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had the bright idea of drilling holes in 2" PVC, capped off 1 end and tried forcing water through it while rolled up leaning against the wall.... Wasn't a bright idea after...

The Rug Sucker does look to be a time saver... Extract one rug while working on another...
I too made my own and it works pretty good. I will still probably a rug sucker as it looks like it works better than my home made one. I have tried mine on several tufted rugs that were saturated with urine and it is the best thing I have come across to be able to rinse completely and dry enough to be able to hang on a rack without it dripping all over the place. What the rug sucker needs is adjustable sleeves to block off the unused portion of the tube when doing rugs that smaller than the combined tubes. I use plastic bagging material.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
What the rug sucker needs is adjustable sleeves to block off the unused portion of the tube when doing rugs that smaller than the combined tubes. I use plastic bagging material.

They sell an option to solve this-- I think called Rug sucker Socks??- just use your plastic trick instead and save the money.

Reactions: J Scott W

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I'm sorry guys but I need swallow my pride and say I may have been wrong in my wholehearted endorsement of the rug sucker.
I just returned from vacation and I asked my guy how the rug sucker was working-- he said, "I'm not wasting my time with that thing".
I was shocked so I set out to prove him wrong-- he wasn't.
It seems The Zipper is better on knotted rugs. The 1st time I used the sucker was on a french needle point with light latex backing. I'm thinking the glue backing may have helped the rug sucker perform better.. testing to continue.

Last edited:

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Do u take paypal? I'm leaning towards buying another rug sucker.. I wish I could buy just additional sections as needed.. maybe bring this up to inventor.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
It tells me to call to find out the shipping info... With our time difference, it doesn't work out too well with my schedule...

My question is: If I were to have 2 sets of the rugsucker shipped to California, will they fit on the plane back to Hawaii? Do you know the dimensions of the boxes?

My folks are traveling and said they'd bring it back as luggage because they're allowed 9 bags free... I try to time the more expensive stuff to ship back when flying...

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
It tells me to call to find out the shipping info... With our time difference, it doesn't work out too well with my schedule...

My question is: If I were to have 2 sets of the rugsucker shipped to California, will they fit on the plane back to Hawaii? Do you know the dimensions of the boxes?

My folks are traveling and said they'd bring it back as luggage because they're allowed 9 bags free... I try to time the more expensive stuff to ship back when flying...

Great Idea. One set comes in a box that measures 4" X 8" x 45". Do yourself and others a favor and bring back some as gifts. One complete set in each box to make 6 feet. The box is very, very light light. I forget the exact weight, my recollection is like around 15lbs.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom