Ruined the surface of wood ceramic tiles.

Derrick

Name
Derrick Schiffner
A new floor was installed with these
7EA8CCC2-EF69-419B-92C6-8E1F3E23565B.jpeg

a month ago and the builders put a rejuvenate wax on the floor and I was hired to come take off the wax because it was turning white everywhere and So I stripped the wax and color came off the tile and it even looks like my the heat From my hose left a line right through the tiles. Help!! B8CDAD26-DD1E-4B82-8F53-EE24B1B1E1E6.jpeg

Derrick

Name
Derrick Schiffner
Now I believe the floor installers reason for putting the wax on the floor was because they were trying to hide this same thing. But then i come along and get the wax off but also so much more? These are ceramic tiles. So now the question is how to improve or help the situation?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Additional color on ceramic tile is glazed on. The stripper may be removing the glazing. I don't think it can be repaired easily.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I agree with Larry and Lee that there's probably more residue to remove. Tile glazing is really tough, so Ron likely meant printed. I've seen printed stuff at HD that was already scratched through the print surface while still in the box, so it is possible that the tile color is affected by cleaning.

If the tiles are printed they may also have a PEI rating of 1 or 2 and as such would not be meant for use on the floor. You may also be correct in thinking the coating was meant to protect the tile long enough for the installers to get out of town.

Might be time to bail... and don't take responsibility for it!

Reactions: Cleanworks and Lars

Lars

Name
Lars
Dang, that’s unfortunate. Who who have expected the color to come off of the tile? I would try to shift the conversation to a manufacturer defective tile and warranty information

Reactions: Cleanworks

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I found a tile I really liked for a shower installation, and then found it had a PEI rating of 1. A few months later I went into a cafe that used the same tile on their floor; the design was worn through in the traffic areas.

It was a French cafe though, so it fit. Sort of had the stucco falling off the brick wall look.

Reactions: Derrick
Name
Brad Gouveia
If you can get one of the new piece I would mess around with.

Cover half with the wax they did and half with out and let it soak with the stripper and see if it has the same effects then you will know if it your fault and probably the way to fix it if you can

I think you got suckered into this and last one to touch it is to blame.

Derrick

Name
Derrick Schiffner
I got paid today. I Thank God for that. Owners letting me off the hook and are going to live with it as well as having the tile rep out to see it. And seek another way if dealing with it. Anyways. Does anyone have a recommendation for invoices they use for how to save themselves from liabilities?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I got paid today. I Thank God for that. Owners letting me off the hook and are going to live with it as well as having the tile rep out to see it. And seek another way if dealing with it. Anyways. Does anyone have a recommendation for invoices they use for how to save themselves from liabilities?
Hand write the conditions and have the customer sign off.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom