Run the V's AC while HWE

Mikey P

Administrator
3. Your RPM's will also fluctuate slightly if you are cleaning with your air-conditioning on. As the air conditioning compressor clutch on the diesel engine engages and disengages to regulate the temperature of the air in the cab, the diesel engine RPM's will fluctuate slightly. On hot summer days you can clean with your air conditioning on and the additional fuel consumption is minimal. However, be aware that you may have slight performance variations while cleaning. We understand how nice it is to climb into that cab with sweat dripping off your face and get a blast of frigid air as you are tucking a $500.00 check in your pocket. Go ahead. You deserve it.

anyone?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMO.....not worth the extra strain and gas on the engine......

I just do everything I can to keep the heat down as much as possible......

I tinted the front windshield....I have a retractable sun shield...crack the window a little bit to allow the heat to go out....and even in this desert heat it is not to bad when I get back in the cab....

Chris A

Name
Chris
I don't have a V, but I just crank the AC once I shut down the CDS, by the time I'm packed up the van's nice and cool.

Cameron1

admiralclean said:
That recommendation was for a V? Seriously?

It would be nice to be able to keep my dog with me during the day.

you're generally not a DICK, Steve..please don't start now..
thanks,
The Management

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The fluctuating happens on any PTO unit. It can also cause the shaft to vibrate, possible damage to the clutch. Wasn't allowed to run the heat or AC on the Steam Genie. Found out the hard way why when it was cold one winter and I decided to keep the heat on.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Well when my V's a/c still worked, on turned it on once I shut down the equip. By the time hoses up, protector applied if any, finalizing the invoice, she would be good and cool. However, since the a/c went down about a week ago, I leave the windows cracked. Funny thing I don't have the sniffles and head cold that I used to have. So not a big deal except on those rainy/humid days when you can'g roll the windows down much.

http://www.cleancarpetwizards.com

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i rAn it with the a/c for a while and got tired of the rpm variation. when you get tuned into your truck and you can feel at the wand what is going on, the slight variation is annoying and unsettling if you forget you left the a/c on.

TimP

When you cut the machine off turn the AC on it's a no brainer. By the time you're done the cab should be just right. The problem with my CDS in my chevy van is that it may over heat cause the machine makes everything very hot I don't like to see a line or two above 210 cause it normally runs about 2 lines under it. I have to pop the hood to help it cool but it still is hittin 210 on the temp guage with the hood open on these hot ass days.

Cameron1

steve said:
admiralclean said:
That recommendation was for a V? Seriously?

It would be nice to be able to keep my dog with me during the day.

you're generally not a DICK, Steve..please don't start now..
thanks,
The Management

lol

Name
BradFenstermaker
Not worth the fuel or possibility of damage to me. You are only cooling a small area anyway.

By the first mile or two I have to put on a tobagun anyway.

Well not this summer my compressor clutch pulley is toast and haven't replaced it yet.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Real men get into a hot van no AC 90 degree day with a hot slide in unit in the back 110 degrees in the van." Leave the AC on" :shock: Why would you want to put the extra strain on the engine and trans? come on man suck it up.

Walt

Mikey P said:
3. Your RPM's will also fluctuate slightly if you are cleaning with your air-conditioning on. As the air conditioning compressor clutch on the diesel engine engages and disengages to regulate the temperature of the air in the cab, the diesel engine RPM's will fluctuate slightly. On hot summer days you can clean with your air conditioning on and the additional fuel consumption is minimal. However, be aware that you may have slight performance variations while cleaning. We understand how nice it is to climb into that cab with sweat dripping off your face and get a blast of frigid air as you are tucking a $500.00 check in your pocket. Go ahead. You deserve it.

anyone?

Brilliant marketing if you think about it. Who ever wrote that (shawn ?) has you imagining that the biggest problem you are going to have with a Vortex is if you should run the a/c or not.

Can't you just see yourself with the check for 500 bucks, a little sweaty and hot. And then you get into your icy cold Vortex.

Wow.

p.s. I drove me crazy hearing the engine pitch change.

Gary Bethel

Supportive Member
Name
Gary Bethel
I had a similar problem in Australia. In the high tropic areas the heat and humidity is relentless both summer and winter. Our operators in the PTO units would also turn on and leave the air conditioning on during the job. They liked the cool cab to get into at completion of job.
The problem was that the extra cost of repairs to the truck air conditioning system added up when running a few PTO trucks. The cause of the problem was the heat build up within the air conditioning system would cause seal damage and thus loose the air condition gas. If I remember the condenser also had to be replaced on a regular basic as well. If you were running down the highway it has fresh air going through the air conditioning radiator. But just sitting there running hour after hour, it was just getting too much heat in the air condition system. I am not talking about heat build up in the engine surrounds, but the heat within the air condition system itself.
So if you find you are having any issues with reliability in your air condition system, the above could be the problem.

Gary.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom