RV360i vs RX20

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Anybody owned both?

What are the differences in performance?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I GOT BOTH (NOW)

but havent tried the rx in a house......

hummmmm maybe ill play in my house

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I own both and have owned both long enough now for a better evaluation.

Commercial
The RV360i is a total piece of crap on commercial. It sucks!
The RX20 is great for commercial, especially nasty restaurants

Residential
The RV360i is a dream come true. Handles better, is much lighter and easier to use and swing around than the RX20. I have not pulled out my 175 since I bought it. It cleans like crazy. Not faster than a wand but better and easier. I have gained 10 lbs since I bought mine.( which means most of you fat butts should stick to the wand) shiteatinggrin I can clean very nasty carpets with it and leave the house feeling great instead of worn out.
I feel the RV dries the carpet faster than a RX.

How its built.
The RX20 is built like a tank and will last forever. The RV is a little cheaper built. I think it will last an owner op forever but a bunch of employees may kill it. The Rv360i could use a slightly more powerful motor.
The brush head for the RV is a JOKE. Drags the motor down. Do not waste your money.

Design
The RX lets the steam fly. When I clean with the RV the steam is never seen. I believe that keeping the heat helps in cleaning and without all that steam in the air the carpets will dry faster.

Here is the complete truth about the Mikeyfest testing they plan on doing. RV vs. RX

I have been to a few Mikeyfests. I watched them run some of their tests. There is NO WAY you can run a TRUE scientific test with a bunch of BD carpet cleaners testing one piece of equipment or another. I watched them running tests using the Prochem truck 2 years ago and testing wands/glides. They would clean a small amount of carpet for 15 seconds. (or something like that) Sometimes the guys would do 3 slow passes, sometimes 5, sometimes 6. It was soooo random.
A true test would be the exact same carpet, with the exact same soil, ran by the exact same person, doing the exact same thing, the exact same way 100% of the time,( can't be done) in the exact same room, with the exact same humidity, water temp, pressure, 100% exact same chem feed and prespray, put on the exact same amount 100% evenly...etc.

So you see, nobody can tell you 100% if the RX out cleans the RV or if the 175 with a high flow wand beats the RV. It will all be a, (I am in the trenches everyday and this is how I feel about using the equipment) opinion.

In my opinion the RV is easier to use, dries the carpet faster, and cleans a residential carpet better than the RX. Don't even get it out of the truck on a commercial.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
AdamHale said:
The brush head for the RV is a JOKE. Drags the motor down. Do not waste your money.

I disagree, I have used the brush head on plush carpet and CGD and it doesn't skip a beat.
Does the 360i have a weaker motor than my 360??

I may be a little biased because im trying to sell my 360 with the brush head, but Im just trying to upgrade to the 360i and plan on buying another brush head for it.

I also have been operating RX-20s most of my life infact, and think there is a spot in every CCers van for both the rx and the 360.

RX shines in BIG open spaces of TRASHED CGD carpet.

The RV360 or "i" model will make any cleaner look like a god.

Mikey P

Administrator
Adam this wont be a timed test, meat will get all the time he needs to do what ever he can with just his 175 and wand and than I'll kick his ass back to Ohio with just the RV in a matter of seconds.

His shit pit carpet filth will be still be coming up through the site tube for minutes.

you know and all 360i owners know it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
royalkid said:
you have an RX-20, but never have used in a house...wtf???

only had it about 2 mths...and i am still breaking in/loving the hell outa my 360...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhh and my cimex pre-scrub and hi-hlow flush on nasty commercial, kicks the hell outa RX-20...

ask Cory

unless of course you by yourself.....it works MUCH better with 2

Mike Draper

The only CGD I've seen the RV shine on is high quality, nylon, CGD squares. It does an amazing job on this. The store I have cleaned with it, I have also cleaned with an RX, Wand and scrubber. the RV beat them all by a loooooonnnng shot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom