RX 20, Drimaster, Rotovac, Rotovac 360

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
which one of these (if any) will work effectively for comm./residential with a #3 blower?

TimP

Depends how your blower is plumbed.....

a #3 if not restricted and fully driven can handle any of them up to 100 ft for sure. If you're over wetting turn down your pressure or decrease your jets if that don't work

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
learn to handle the chatter and the original rotovac will be fine. Make sure you use the flow adjuster if you are over wetting a number 3 blower out 150' isn't bad.

I would use a glided wand before any of the ones mention after a good prescrub

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I have never used a powered wand. I've been using a glided wand. I was hoping for a little less effort with the same results. I'm not gettin' any youner. How about on residential? Same answer??

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
none of those will be easier than a glided wand on CGD

ErikG

I have the first rotovac and my 3 yr old son can push the roto around and clean , rips wright through matted carpet and nasty grease at rest. and bars.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I own the old roto vac it does a great job, It's lite and takes up very little space in the van. I did a job with a guy on cgd with the RX-20 And I think my glided wand would do a better job.

The Rx and stairs gets old real quick too.

I also hooked up my 2" hose to the t on the roto vac, works great.

Chads

Supportive Member
I think its time a get one. Someone needs to hook me up with a Rx-20 that they dont use very much,or one that needs some repairs.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've used an Rx20 and it is more pain than what its worth.

1. two hands to use
2. 2 hoses and one electrical cord to deal with
3. hard to tell the flow
4. can't use on all carpets
5. too many moving parts that might fail
6. a glided wand is easier to use...less fatigue
7. Too much space in van taken up
8. It's just an expensive tool to make it look easier to clean but really only makes things more difficult.
9. It's a money maker for the company that makes them...not for you.

With a light weight scrubber and a good prespray and an awesome glided wand with alot of flow and suction kicks ass in the nasty's.

ErikG

On my rotovac it comes with hard surfase brush for tile or the carpet pieces. I really dont have that much tile busness , so I sometimes uses the brush heads for tile on the carpet. It's like floor macine that scrubs and sucks up .

TimP

Just for the Record.

Last Saturday I was working with a man helper and we did 650 ft per hour on a CGD job I've been working on....using a greenhorn and scrubbing with a cimex. Two men switching off on the wand pretty well constantly going.

Today with my wife we did right at 725 ft per hour running my RX-20. I didn't want to wand it all as I was feeling tired and it was up stairs and I didn't want to lug the cimex (the rx is way lighter). And the RX wasn't going constant cause I didn't have someone to keep it going the whole time.

The biggest difference I can see is that the carpet is wetter with the RX....looks about the same....maybe an edge to the RX. Hard to say for sure. I'm way less tired than if I ran the wand for sure.

Now as far as residential goes I don't know if it's worth the extra time to make an extra trip for a smaller job. And I'd rather leave the carpet dryer when I leave. To each their own.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom