Rx-20 head stuck...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and a broken bolt :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

so this is the 2nd time i havent been able to remove the head after a long night of cleaning....

last time i used a 5/8 wrench on the swivel, and a 3/4 socket on the head nut....

well did it tonight and the fooking nut broke :x :x :x :x :x :x

lets hope it can be replaced....

sooo know how do i get it off??? and how do i keep from it locking down again??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
let me look ay some of the parts I got laying around and I will get back ay ya..........

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:
and a broken bolt :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

so this is the 2nd time i havent been able to remove the head after a long night of cleaning....

last time i used a 5/8 wrench on the swivel, and a 3/4 socket on the head nut....

well did it tonight and the fooking nut broke :x :x :x :x :x :x

lets hope it can be replaced....

sooo know how do i get it off??? and how do i keep from it locking down again??

Remember when you laughed at me for going the wrong way taking the head off??? Karma's a b!tch eh.... shiteatinggrin

Nah, that sucks Douggie... I only can say it happened to me only once and you know the outcome.... :lol:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the only purpose of the nut is to get the star off...it is just welded onto the star....

sounds to me like to may have cross threaded the center hub...it is nothing more then cheap brass....

IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6091.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

you go banging on that star you are going to bend it then it is going to be all out of whack...

if you manage to get it off with out hurting the star..you are more then welcome to have the hub that I got in the picture above...there is nothing wrong with it..threads are good.. and I don't need it any more...the star in the picture has a broken arm..I saved it in case I bent or broke another arm...they say you can drill out the rivets and bolt another arm on if you screw one up...never did it but kept this one just in case..you can have it also if you want it..

put some anti seize on the brass threads now and then and never transport the RX with the head on...

let me know.....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
finally got the damn thing off....

found my LONG pry bar and used it on 2 heads, so it wasnt just 1 that got the tweaking....plus had a socket on one of the under bolts for a pry spot...

anyway seems like no damage.... super lube here i come....it all looked like it was fine....maybe i need to put that small wire wheel in it again, and blow it out.....then super lube it....

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'm having the base and a couple of other parts re-coated, so I took it apart yesterday. Found a considerable amount of hair and crap up around the shaft. Didn't notice it till it was apart.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well used it since i got it off....

no unbalance in the head whew

and baby soft petroleum jelly worked GREAT...lol

had it on my truck when i was putting the radiator lines back...and coating them to help slide on....

thought hummmmmm

worked damn good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:

had it on my truck when i was putting the radiator lines back...and coating them to help slide on....

thought hummmmmm

I once used KY Jelly to put on a lower radiator hose on my car @ 3 in the morning... I had the KY in my glove box.... Worked like a champ!!! shiteatinggrin

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
Nate The Great said:
floorguy said:

thought hummmmmm

I once used KY Jelly to put on a lower radiator hose on my car @ 3 in the morning... I had the KY in my glove box.... Worked like a champ!!! shiteatinggrin

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Nate The Great said:
floorguy said:

thought hummmmmm

for your radiator hose....yea..right...

Name
Nate W.
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Nate The Great":255wpkau]
floorguy said:

thought hummmmmm

for your radiator hose....yea..right...[/quote:255wpkau]

Ishityounot!!! I was 17yrs old... I tried water, spit, no luck.. Try it next time, when your working in a very tight and confined space.... shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom