RX-20 on CGD cleaning pics from today

TimP

This is one of the rooms I cleaned today at my schools. Used my RX-20. Pics are from my phone so they aren't that great. We've been talking a lot about the rotovac lately and it's weakness is cgd. Anyways this is where I think the RX shines. I wouldn't dare wand all day in and out doing these schools not to mention pre-scrub and extract. A glided wand don't quite cut it by itself. Also last year I ran 2 machines and had 2 guys running my cimex and glided greenhorn. I consistently cleaned more carpet faster than they did.

b8b5ef92.jpg

e3d283a2.jpg

TimP

The floating head on the RX makes it so that you can pretty well go over any lousy concrete mans work and still have good suction on the carpet. You have to watch out for it cause the machine will try to get away from you but it conforms to the rolls better than any wand for sure.

I did 4 of those rooms today and moved all furniture. I called it a day cause I was by myself and will have help this weekend to finish the job. I was just trying to get enough done so I wouldn't have to go back next week. Worked about 4 hours maybe 4.5 hours and did 3200-3600 sq ft at best guess cause I didn't measure. That's vacuum, prespray, rinse, and move furniture and repeat. Pretty good time cause of the RX if you ask me. I think it would of taken me 5.5-6.5 hours with a wand alone, add scrubbing and that would of added another half to one hour.

TimP

It's the HE model. So it's 5 half slots. I replaced the cone jets with the flat jets 02 flow with 3 jets so 06 flow total.

Running glides in my opinion defeats the purpose of the RX. Even in residential running the 06 flow the carpet is plenty dry without dry strokes and no glides.

This is all my opinion of how it works. Some may think I'm crazy. The part where I started was near dry when I left, it was dulling out from the wear. I'd say 6-8 hour dry times at this school, and schools take longer to dry cause the A/c's are over sized to account for the extra heat from all the extra people/kids so therefore don't run as much as residential when school is out. Some take longer depending on what they set the air to. They really have to get the temp set to around 70 or less to keep the a/c going.

TimP

Ron Werner said:
I tried my RX the other day on res carpet, never seemed to extract all the water unless I moved it VERY slowly.

Turn your pressure down on your wet pass. And if it's not extracting water on dry passes maybe you don't need to do dry passes????

Besides on residential you have to groom anyway why not use your wand to groom and do dry strokes when you trim???

TimP

TulsaCarpetCleaner said:
Always wondered how the RX compared to the RV360? (Besides the RX being three times heavier)

Rx is about 2 times as heavy. RV is 39 lbs. RX is around 80.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom