RX-20 question...adjustment

TimP

I've had my RX-20 for just over a year now and I need a bit of help with it. Lately when I lock the lever you use to adjust the height of the handles it will slide up and down easily while locked. Is there a way to adjust it so that the pins that push outward to hold the handle in place better? I looked at it and didn't see any apparent way to do it.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The long actuating rod acts like a turnbuckle. Turning it effectively lengthens or shortens the O/L length, giving the mechanism adjust-ability.

TimP

I figured it was adjustable but what is the process. Do I have to tear it apart some....I didn't see an adjustable bolt. Like I said it wasn't easy just to look at and figure out. I suppose I'll have to fiddle with it.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Here's a detailed description. The rod turning should be the only adjustment, if this is the first time. If not, or if the plungers are worn a bit, you need to use the more drastic steps outlined in the second half. The rod itself can be grasped and turned by a good set of pliers.

6t01l03.jpg

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Greenie,

The instructions I'm giving ARE for the newer flip handles. Once the plungers wear a bit, and/or the mechanism stretches out, you turn the rod for minor adjustment. But I agree, I like the older units(from a mechanical standpoint), but the newer ones are faster for the operator(when it works). LOL

TimP

Thanks a ton. So I have to figure out how to spin the thing. I bought it brand new and it's about a year old so I should only have to do the first thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom