RX-20 question old vs. new model

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I understand the new model now has 3 cone jets and smaller vac slots.
I have not used either one but after talking to people who have, I plan to purchase one.
Would pluggin' 2 jets on an old RX with fan jets work better than 3 cone jets on the new? Not sure if I like the cone idea.
Any thoughts from those who have used either or both.
Or recommend neither.

Glynn

The cone jets are OK but I don't care for the smaller vac slots, I thought we should be increasing airflow not decreasing it.

Name
Nate W.
Glynn said:
The cone jets are OK but I don't care for the smaller vac slots, I thought we should be increasing airflow not decreasing it.

x2... I see you have a Judson TNT, you should have no problem recovering what the old style (5 fan jets and 5 open full slots). I've seen the new style and it's a joke if you ask me. What type of work will you be using it more on? What's the reasoning on wanting one? What do you use currently?

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I mainly want it for large cgd. I use a greenhorn and am very happy with it. I'm looking to make my larger cgd accounts less taxing on my bod.

I have used both and the new or half slot is easier to use on commercial carpet and picks up water just fine. The cone jets are fine as well. I converted my star to the full slots and added two more jets and went back to the conventional 80015 jet. I have glides on mine which make this tool do an amazing flushing job and still get great dry times. Without the glides and I am sure it would not be as easy to operate on commercial carpet.

If I had to choose, I would go with the newer style or half slot because it will be more versatile. You could change the jets but the cone were always adequate for me.

If you have the money to spend on upgrades then go this route. This star is 7.5 flow and cleans bettter than anything I have ever used. I still do not use it for most residential though.

After reading your post about using the tool for large commercial I would get or atleast try a zipper wand. The rx is great but is still slower than a traditional wand. I prefer it for carpets that are heavy soiled and where streaking might be an issue.

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

Name
Nate W.
richard said:
I mainly want it for large cgd. I use a greenhorn and am very happy with it. I'm looking to make my larger cgd accounts less taxing on my bod.

The old style is what i'd recommend. If you have some change left over, you can get a set of glides and keep the air flow at the head. Similar to the greenhorn.

Name
Nate W.
richard said:
Who here is using a Zipper?

Erik on here is the creator of the Zipper. Ron Beatty has 1 or 2 zippers. Erik is redesigning them and supposed to be releasing it this month.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
stupidest thing they ever did to that machine was to put the half assed, half slots on the skids/shoes and put cone jets on it...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom