RX 20 question

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I've never used an rx20.
For cgd will it be faster with less effort than using my Greenhorn?
Overwetting issues?
I've got a high flow TNT with #4 Little Giant.
And how dependable (maintennce/repair)?

TimP

I've had mine 2.5 years and used it almost exclusively for 1-1.5 years or so. I use it when I clean my schools. My helpers use my greenhorn. I can produce more cleaning using the RX, and it seems a lot easier on the body cause just slight movements move it around compared to pushing a wand. I don't let my guys use it because they aren't very proficient to control it since it's like a buffer. I don't worry about dry times with it but they are longer than a glided wand with dry strokes, if you skip the dry strokes on both I'd guess it's about the same and the wand would be faster but you get scrubbing with the RX. I like using it with my CDS cause it keeps the engine running cooler for all day jobs and the van burns less fuel.

Chris A

Name
Chris
TimP said:
I like using it with my CDS cause it keeps the engine running cooler for all day jobs and the van burns less fuel.

How do you figure that?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
The only thing I can figure Chris is he's not triggerng as much and changing the amount of air being pulled. So you are not stressing the pressue pumps with starts and stops and it should pull air more uniformly than a wand that may be chaning depending on wand speed, back and forth stops and lifting it change angles as much.

TimP

Chris Adkins said:
TimP said:
I like using it with my CDS cause it keeps the engine running cooler for all day jobs and the van burns less fuel.

How do you figure that?

Running a wand you trigger to clean and then do dry strokes. Running a cds out in the FL heat in the summer all day causes the motor in the van to run very hot. I've seen it as high as about 220. Running a RX uses significantly more water than a wand. Not to mention you run the trigger continuously. The engine keeps the temp it's supposed to and therefore runs cooler and burns less fuel.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I used an RX on every HWE job for years. Haven't used it much for the past year since I got a GreenieHorn. A prescrub with a 175 or Brute OP and rinse with the GH is MUCH faster and easier for me, and just as effective. And if you have a helper, one can prescrub while the other rinses, whereas if you RX, the helper is just pulling hose more of the time, which is less productive.

And the RX doesn't get the corners or as close to the edges.

Only time I've used it recently was by myself on a super-nasty plush with lots of open space. And a prescrub and wand-rinse probably would have done as well, and faster.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have had mine for 6 years and have not put a dime into it... (except modifications)..
I used it today on an empty wall to wall Berber and did not even pull the wand out of the truck....

Practice with it and you can run it 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the walls.

WANDMASTER3

I DONT LIKE IT FOR EVERYDAY USE ON EVERY JOB BECAUSE IT LEAVES CARPET TOO WET AND DOESNT GET CORNERS GOOD. I ONLY USE IT FORHIGH TRAFFIC AREAS .

Farenheit251

I never found it faster usually slower.
Less effort-not really,it is a welcome change of motions but you are still on your feet moving for hours and pushing a glided wand isn't really that hard.

You'll be a hero to people who wait 3-5 years between cleanings

A Greenhorn wand will give you the best control over dry times which is going to do more to build your biz with good customers.

I am not commenting on your personal situation but I am amazed how many get an RX20 before they get an IRA or 401K

Name
Steve Lawrence
RX is slower and not that effective on CGD especially if you don't have Greenglides on your RX. I'd stick with the wand for most CGD. If you had glides RX would be a good choice on heavily soiled but don't expect to go fast. Dry strokes are a must.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom