RX-20 Still Alive and well!

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Here's some before and after pics of a heavily soiled carpet in a Tanning Salon we ripped out today with the RX-20. First we prevac'd with our ProTeam upright, applied the citrus flex, aggitated prepay with the brush pro 2000, then we brought out the RX-20 with a dry slurry rinse. Then ran an acid rinse to brighten the colors In the heavy soiled areas. Tadaa... Carpets are drying very good today with zero and negative degree temps outside and good warm air 70 degree inside.

Only problem, a slight low level back ache from running it.. Haven't ran it in a while.

Is the rotovac easier on the body?

20150218_081423.jpg
20150218_091135.jpg
20150218_110120.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
Which RX is that? I prefer the HE version, with 3 cone jets and each of the 5 shoes having shortened slots. Seems to do an equal job with less wetting.

Still be careful of seams.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Well done! Looks like a top notch cleaning.

I have the 360i and don't like it for CGD. WAY TOO SLOW.

Maybe the XL is a little better???

I usually use the Cimex on Commercial but will add a Zipper soon.

Great work with that RX20, seriously.

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
I'm not much for the XL on commercial it bites in to hard, I'd rather not fight it.

Bryan do you have glides on the dinosaur? The really help our Powerglides dry faster.

We have them but didn't have them on for this job. Crazy but the carpet was probably 90% dry when we left. Several slow dry passes Was key.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Powerglide%20cutout_zpsujnddmj1.jpg
The Powerglides work like a champ and are built like a tank, which is both good and bad. Good in they will last forever bad in that they are so heavy the tech's hate to pull them off the trucks.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Doc, I think your company is the only one that actually use those things.

I never see anyone else talk about them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's it nobody tells me to stay out!

I'm visiting you!!! :biggrin:

I have met Jason Birk that is the branch manager in Arkansas. He seems like a very nice guy. I also met his father Allen and their Oklahoma manger Tim too. From what I see on the website and Facebook they look like they have a nice operation going in both sites. They seem like very nice folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: White Collar

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Here's some before and after pics of a heavily soiled carpet in a Tanning Salon we ripped out today with the RX-20. First we prevac'd with our ProTeam upright, applied the citrus flex, aggitated prepay with the brush pro 2000, then we brought out the RX-20 with a dry slurry rinse. Then ran an acid rinse to brighten the colors In the heavy soiled areas. Tadaa... Carpets are drying very good today with zero and negative degree temps outside and good warm air 70 degree inside.

Only problem, a slight low level back ache from running it.. Haven't ran it in a while.

Is the rotovac easier on the body?

View attachment 1535 View attachment 1537 View attachment 1538

I have the older style 5 slot, 5 jet RX 20's.....

Got to the point I hated carrying them around for the little bit I would use them, but they work when needed in the right situation

I have the Rotovac 360 XL now and do like it better because:

It is lighter and more compact.

It takes less room in my van, but still has the right amount of weight to dig in and get to it.

Now, I have not tried it on that type of commercial carpet yet, but have on a berber....Loved it on a pretty soiled and packed down Berber.

The handle bars of the XL are much more adjustable and definitely more comfortable (even one of my Son In Law's first comments)

I hated taking the RX 20 out of the van due to the weight and hard to manage...but I did it when needed....just not as motivated.

The XL, is way easier to get in and out.

Also, the XL gets up to the edges of walls and trim unbelievably Great! Love that a lot over the RX 20

Also, the Rotovac 360 XL sit's tighter to the floor and it's shroud as well, and that was a big plus for Brent Norman who was running it and he owns a 360i. (also less likely to grab cords, and does keep the heat to the fibers while cleaning)

I also find it is getting things drier than my RX 20's but again, I do not have the newer style, but my brother does, and both my brothers liked the Rotovac 360 XL better as well for the reasons I also have listed.

So....just some insight and I have only had it for about a Month now....so I might discover more to come.....

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name

I hope to have one this year, zip and roto. Every time I buy a new tool we get motivated and the work is always there to cover it too.

The best part is its important to have your equipment always looking topnotch and clean, not to mention it's great having something that is less work and performs better than before.

Thanks Mark.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I just invited another newbie last night from about 2.5 hours south of me to come visit and enjoy and try all I have....

That way, they can decide if they want to try something else that I don't have, but at least let them have the chance in real world settings to try things.

Even the shows are great, but the Mikey Fest part at Vegas, was the best I have ever had the chance to experience these tools.

Can't wait for Florida as I have some more tools I am going to seriously try more now!

As I tell everyone....if ever in my area, this is an open invitation to come visit and please try the things I have so it can maybe be of help to them.

Reactions: Mikey P

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
When we started all we used was rx 20 on cgd.

Not sure what happened but over time they all moved to the wand. Doesnt matter because we always scrub with cimex.
So now i have 3 rx20 sitting in the shop.

Anyone want to buy an rx 20....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom