Rx-20 vs. Rx-20 he

Walt

From what I can tell the diffence is in the type and number of jets. And the slots are smaller on the HE.

Does this make much of a difference?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
are you talking about the RX head that they totally screwed up by putting half/half assed slots on and the 3 cone jets.....

that head is not going to flush the carpet as well as the older style...

I have used both. The half slots are not as aggressive and do quite well on all carpet surfaces. The full slots will need glides or you might damage the carpet. The cone jets can be replaced with 8002 jets for 6 flow. I have (5) 80015 jets for 7.5 flow.

If I had to choose one setup, it would be the half slot and three 8002 jets. You will be good to go for most situations.

I wanted the higher flushing and faster cleaning so I went with 5 spray jets and 5 full vacuum slots with slot glides. The RX is not a fast dry tool. This needs to be explained to the customer. If they want faster drying, a regular glided wand can dry the carpet out after rotary cleaning of course for a higher fee.

Walt

danielc said:
I have used both. The half slots are not as aggressive and do quite well on all carpet surfaces. The full slots will need glides or you might damage the carpet. The cone jets can be replaced with 8002 jets for 6 flow. I have (5) 80015 jets for 7.5 flow.

If I had to choose one setup, it would be the half slot and three 8002 jets. You will be good to go for most situations.

I wanted the higher flushing and faster cleaning so I went with 5 spray jets and 5 full vacuum slots with slot glides. The RX is not a fast dry tool. This needs to be explained to the customer. If they want faster drying, a regular glided wand can dry the carpet out after rotary cleaning of course for a higher fee.

Thanks for the input. Commercial only. I've got a 360i for residential. I tried the old style on a large commercial job. I was impressed with clean power and lack of fatigue ( a real plus when you work alone). So I guess the answe is which ever I can get cheaper.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
danielc said:

I disagree. A wand will dry carpet faster?? Let's see, 5 slots on a RX with 120 rpms = 600 dry passes per minute VS. a wand...what, maybe 40 dry strokes per minute (and that seems fast)...and how long before a hack starts half-assin' dry strokes w/ the wand? I can do dry passes with the RX all day. RX better rinse, better extraction...hands down (IMO).

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
royalkid said:
danielc said:

I disagree. A wand will dry carpet faster?? Let's see, 5 slots on a RX with 120 rpms = 600 dry passes per minute VS. a wand...what, maybe 40 dry strokes per minute (and that seems fast)...and how long before a hack starts half-assin' dry strokes w/ the wand? I can do dry passes with the RX all day. RX better rinse, better extraction...hands down (IMO).

got to disagree..I use the RX all the time and with the right set up and the proper glides.....it will out dry any wand out there.....

Walt

Jim,

What I liked about the unglided old style rx-20 I tried was agitation and the flushing. It did take significantly longer to dry. But the fiber looked much better.

Do you use glides commercial? Do you take the glides off for hammered residential?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the glides that I use bolt on....you remove the skid/shoe and replace them with the glide....then replace the jets with what Joe Bristor calls chem dry jets...(you will have to ask him for them..he don't talk to me no more)..with this set up...I get great flushing...and great dry times on both commercial and residential....no matter how bad they are.....but keep in mind..........it all really boils down to the chemical you are using.......

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jim did you piss someone off AGAIN...

boy lets add up the list...

bristor
steve g

who else :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
pretty sure I have pissed in more then a few peoples corn flakes over the period of time I have been around....I am sure most the people who push marketing...don't like me....

it is what it is.........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom