S Pallin's Alaska, Can't see Russia, Saw my stomping ground

John Watson

Watched her cut down a tree in Danger Bay, Afognak Island, Alaska.

While her and daughter Willow were on the beach, the camera man made a shot of the scenery beyond the bay. In the distance to one who knows the area you could see Kazuiak Point (AKA Rubber Boot Point) and Kiker Point. My Great grand fathers homestead where I grew up is located inbetween. To the far right you can see Whale Island. I used to run over to Danger bay before all the logging started and gillnet herring for their roe. Alot of my commercial fishing was done in that area. It was good to catch a glimps of home ..

harryhides

Name
Tony
Re: S Pallin's Alaska, Can't see Russia, Saw my stomping gro

About 1,000 miles west of that island is Attu Island, the only part of US that was occupied by the Japanese in WWII.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner

I was up in Alaska a week ago - had the privilege of meeting Sarah and Todd and her father at their book signing. It was the high-light of the trip, and I had the chance to chat and thank them for their focus on small business.

I'm working to see which candidate I'll be focusing my efforts to support - there are some good choices out there as far as helping REAL business owners.

And it was a beautiful state,
Lisa

John Watson

Damn, next thing you know they will vote it dry... Many cases of beer and booze are stowed in the lazzerett...Also caused a few to sink when the hatch wasn't secured properly...

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

watched every episode so far, makes me want scratch that itch and move there

Name
Lee Stockwell

My dad was in the Army after high school in Whittier AK, from 48 to 50. He took lots of pictures, beautiful.

Then Korea happened.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom