Rex Tyus

Don't wear canvas shoes when you are sporting a flame thrower. :(

Leather only for me from now on.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
another safety tip...........

If your fresh water tank is reading 160 degrees and you have a hose hooked up to it for mixing chemicals.........Be sure........be damn sure that hose does not get away from you and pour water into your sock.......I don't care how fast your brain tells you to remove your shoe and sock.........it just don't come off fast enough....

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I made the mistake of wearing running shoes one day. I was filling a 2 gallon jug with hot water from the tm and when I let the hose go......it curled around and landed on the top of my foot. I could not get my shoe off quick enough and ended up getting a huge blister on the top of my foot.

TimP

I have a hose connected to the water box drain I have been known to use to fill things here and there. And I've had it come loose and submerge my sock and I know the feeling of trying to get it off ASAP....I don't know if it was quite 160 but it was pretty darn hot. Left a good red mark on my ankle.

On another note I have burned myself many times on my wand and quick connects and have had blisters from them. I use the safe connect on my lead hose but still you can get burned, I usually get the burn from the QC on my wand when I go to lay it down. In fact I have a small burn on my wrist from one right now....it only hurt for maybe a few hours though.

Greenie

still have the scar on top of my foot, you only do that once.

I estimate it was 220º.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I never wear shorts on jobs anymore. Everytime your leg touches a brass fitting at 240 it leaves a mark

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom