Safire Scientific Upholstery Tool Demo

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I was at the Proline Swap meat in Sacramento yesterday (I won a spotting machine!) and I got to demo the Safire Scientific Upholstery tool, but not on furniture. It was hooked up to a Rage truck mount set at 400 psi, but when the trigger was squeezed it dropped to 300 psi. I opened the needle valve that adjusts the water flow all the way.

I was rather impressed with the way it worked. There was no overspray even when not on the fabric as all of the water was retrieved in the vacuum. If you use the handy device that keeps the trigger held open, you don’t have to worry about spray when you lift the tool off the fabric. It is much better than the old Dri-Master tool. I had some pictures posted here a while back showing the DM tool set at 300 psi with the adjustable flow valve open all the way and there was plenty of spray escaping it. These were taken at Mikeyfest a couple years ago. Anyway, the SS tool had no problem with this. You do not have to use the trigger at all. The holes do not look like they would plug as easy as the slim jetless opening of the DM.

I would need to use this tool a little to see if it meets my expectations. I doubt it would match the performance of the HydroKinetic tool in some situations since that has more sheer effect and seems to have more force of flow, but I doubt the cleaning would be significantly better for most upholstery.

It appears that Safire Scientific has a winner on their hands from my first impressions.

JMHO

Chads

Supportive Member
I thoughtthat was you, I was there to and played with the tool also. I thought it would be a good choice for more of a low moisture cleaner. I also got to check out the flash extractor was not impressed with it's design.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I own both the SS tool and the flash extractor, have the original water claw(medium) and a pmf uph tool as well. They all have pros n cons.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I used one again at a recent Sapphire show and liked it more this time. The first one I had shipped to me to demo was not working properly. People loved it when the Sapphire guy would hold on to the hose and whack the tool on the floor again and again showing how the strong extruded nylon is.

I was impressed with the 454 machine as well. The heater exchanger is so simple and yet maintained a very steady 200 to 210 at the wand (230 to 240 at the truck). It will never overheat or dump water like some Prochems. It manages the heat flow instead of bypassing water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom