Said goodbye to an old friend

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
100_1657.JPG
In 2008 I was almost bankrupt and was being laid-off from Blueline. I was going to have to start another Carpet cleaning company from scratch. I was given a beta machine by the good graces of Thom Fielding Blueline owner. I found a 1994 Ford short wheelbase E 250 that the AZ state troopers had put 103,000 miles on. I paid $2200 ( my last penny ) mounted that Blueline Cobalt and was in business. 6 years and 70,000 miles later I took the mount out and sent that van to auction. It was a very good van and supported my family well. That thing made hundreds of thousands of dollars for us. It picked up kids from school and hauled groceries home for the family after work. It even helped carry secret Santa gifts for less fortunate families during Christmas. We now have 3 vans and that old van was costing me too much money to keep it on the road. I have never really been sentimental about a vehicle ( except for the 1st truck I got from working my guts out on the farm when I was 14) but when I dropped it off to be sold I felt like I was saying goodbye to an old friend. Rest in peace my Red Ford you served us well.:biggrin:

Becker

Name
Becker
What do you have for vans and machines now?

I know the feeling.

My tech drives the new van, I drive the 2006 with now 150k miles. Driving it feels like home. One day I will replace it, or drop my ass into a new one and pawn this one off to a lucky tech.

Kinda like my F150, my son sez I should get a new one and the new ones are nice. But something familiar and comfortable about my 07 that has carried me for 145k.

Becker

Name
Becker
Still able to run the biz from the house? As I recall you slid around HOA by parking in the garage. ???

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have that 3500 Dodge with a Powerclean seen in the picture.
I have a 2500 Chevy with my Blueline in it.
My back up is a Ford with a Prochem in it.
I had to rent a shop. Best thing I ever did. No vans at home is nice and I got a great deal on my shop. Its big enough for 4 vans and my scout trailer. $350 a month

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i named my vans......
Betsy the church bus
was the best gal ever.........
she would go all day
PLUS pull an all niter
when asked!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The red one looks like Me compared to that fugly black Chavez behind it.
Our truck are BLUE! :hopeless:

I had to rent a shop. Best thing I ever did. No vans at home is nice and I got a great deal on my shop. Its big enough for 4 vans and my scout trailer. $350 a month
Nice! Peace of mind in the winter. :cool:

I like all of our trucks until they start costing me then its doesn't bother me a bit to sell them or trade them off. :evil:

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
no kidding. $350 would get me a 10 by 15 in a storage facility
How much did that Ginger Bread house cost you Adam? $75k?
20141026_170840.jpg

20141027_145225.jpg

3 car garage 3000 sq. feet 1/2 acre $262,000 community swimming pool 2 houses down, private walking pathes and parks. 7 of my neighbors are Doctors. great place. I have almost the smallest house in the sub. The biggest is 10,000 sq. feet!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I have that 3500 Dodge with a Powerclean seen in the picture.
I have a 2500 Chevy with my Blueline in it.
My back up is a Ford with a Prochem in it.

$350 a month? You can't even rent a porta-potty for that here.

Take care,
Lisa

Becker

Name
Becker
You can afford that big house, but can't spring for the cheap net to protect your kids on the death mattress?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
LOL they hated it......rotted in the sun. Havent killed one yet. If I do we would have 6 others anyway.

Becker

Name
Becker
LOL they hated it......rotted in the sun. Havent killed one yet. If I do we would have 6 others anyway.

I survived kid hood with out one.. And played lawn darts.

Didn't you have a trampoline inside a house you owned?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I survived kid hood with out one.. And played lawn darts.

Didn't you have a trampoline inside a house you owned?
Yes 2 houses ago we had a playroom that was 24x24 with 20 foot ceilings and we had a full sized trampoline in it. kids loved it

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
$350 per month. Wow! Impossible around here.
Feel for you high rent guys! I'm renting a 3000 sf, 12.5 foot ceiling warehouse, 11.5 door, for $400 a month. Will hold 10 vehicles if I pack 'em in. Now hold my 2003 Extended Chevy with Blueline Thermalwave, and a complete screenprint set up.......6 color press, 12 foot curing oven, auto flash, screen burner, cleanout sink, and 2 - head embroidery and 2 - 4 head embroidery machines, stowed away. And it's got a shitter and a shower.

Mikey P

Administrator
And they can't demand more?

200 sf studio (converted garage) rentals are going for over a $1000 here.

A 10x12 bed room is $800 and you may have a room mate.

Name
George Valliant
Love the heartbeat pin striping on you vans!

Business must be great if you went from nearly bankrupt to a $262,000 house in 6 years.

Congrats!!!

what's your f'ning secret man? Don't tell me it's the heartbeat pinstriping. lol..

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Love the heartbeat pin striping on you vans!

Business must be great if you went from nearly bankrupt to a $262,000 house in 6 years.

Congrats!!!

what's your f'ning secret man? Don't tell me it's the heartbeat pinstriping. lol..

I'll speak to that for Adam. He is too humble to brag on himself.
He has a real good reputation here. We are in the big city area of idaho, but it still has the small town feel and word travels fast here.
I have gotten many customers from other companies that were not happy with the "last" carpet cleaner. I have never gotten a customer of Adam's.
We send each other our overflow work. I'm always afraid to send a regular customer to Adam because I might lose them to him. But, I'd rather lose them to Adam then anyone else.
Adam is also a very generous person. You can't go through life being as generous as Adam without having it come back to bless you. Call it God's grace, Karma or whatever you want, but it will come back.
When I first started with my portable, I went on a ride along with Adam in his vortex. That was a real eye opener. I learned a lot from him. Whenever I have a quick question, I know he will have an answer for me.
Again, his character and hard work has gotten him back to where he is.

Back
Top Bottom