Saiger and with a Y

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark do you ever Y your two Butlers together for extra long hose runs?

I have not....but what in interesting idea!

I might have to try it!

I am not sure if it would create a problem for the blowers, but a very interesting concept.

I do have a lot of extra 2.5 inch hose so I will throw that on the van for something in the 300 foot long runs.

Don't think I have ran more than a 325 hose run...

I have 100 feet of 2.5 on the reel and another 100 feet of 2 inch on each van all the time for a total of 200 feet.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you're doing it just for fun then I can see it.

However if you're trying to be productive I think two wands operating will be more beneficial to you than having more suck.

We used to do a facility where we were using extended lengths, 300-400 foot runs and we had 6-units running. It was a real pain just due to the setup and tear down, truly and awful mess. The cleaning was cleaning, no problem but the effort needed to get going was and breakdown after 10 hours of cleaning was not a job I looked forward to.

Mikey P

Administrator
I could see the practical side of using the two trucks independently on a large project than either at the beginning or end of the project, Y the two together for that back area or building that you'd otherwise run too much hose off a 45 to get to or have to use a portable or vlm method.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Been thinking about this today so of course.... I would like to get the tools to test it...

But also will have to get a 2.5 Y splitter set up....

And a long enough run that I could lay out all my hoses to try this...

I am thinking I would do it at the school parking lot some weekend if I can get the time.

Fun experiment!

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
How much would the two Blowers suck against each other?
They won't. They're just simple air movers, with equal displacement. If the two blowers exceed the available cfm the vac reliefs will just open. Best efficiency would be achieved by carefully matching the two relief settings and blower rpm though.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom