Saiger I need a snow removal video

Mikey P

Administrator
I just got home and there is still some snow on my back north facing concrete porch.

More expected tomorrow..

What's the best shovel or device to remove it that won't screw up my new cement?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
To someone from IL(this cold arse place), it's somewhat funny/interesting to hear about your new expierences(snow, cold, etc).

Any kind of shovel should be fine, Mike.

I will tell ya - Don't let it(snow) get deep, you are better off shoveling twice.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Mikey P

Administrator
I assume you mean one of them big plastic scoopers

snow-shovels.jpg

What is each designed for?

Reactions: jcooper

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The one on the right would be for say... Heavy or deep snow, not needed.

The one on the left would be perfect for ya. Really.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Fook that! Go get a Honda or Toro small snow blower. $600.00-$700.00 and you get a nice small machine that can cut through 6-8 inches like butter. Single stage with paddles.

It's actually fun doing it, especially if its not too cold out. You do have to get it early before it's driven on or begins to melt.

Mike Draper

the one on the left will work better. Plastic works great, just like in the picture, dont get a metal one. Snow is easiest to remove first thing in the morning. If you let it sit for a day sometimes the sun will warm it and then it turns hard the next day.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Go big :) It get's cold and old out there after awhile....

or here is a way to justify a new 4 wheeler :)

Or....you can always go old school and use your hands too...or get yourself an Aron :)

And after doing it day's in a row...and years in a row....UGH....and trying to keep up so you can get the vans out...it can get old

By the way....you are going to need both types of shovels really....

One on the left is more for pushing the snow....the one on the right, for picking up and tossing the snow you could say...

And we use aluminum scoop shovels a lot ourselves...and I have a lot of shovels....

By the way....get one for your van too....scoop shovel type! And some salt and kitty litter for when you get stuck

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

And the truth will set you free!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Have several of the plastic. Different shapes, handles but my go to "down to the concrete" shovels is one of those cheap assume flat aluminum ones. I just got a new one last year. My old one wore down several inches and look all jagged.

None of the plastic shovels scrape it clean like the cheap aluminum.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Plow on a quad. Lots of snow melt. Steep asphalt driveway! The quad makes it fun since it is only used 2x a year or so.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom