Sales Rep? Insurance?

Name
Evets
I'm thinking about getting back into WD work and have a few questions.

First let me say that I have certs in WDR and ASD,and have probably 30 or so drying jobs experience under my belt. Mostly residential,a few commercial jobs too.

The reasons that I got out the first time;
1-Emergency jobs screwed up my scheduled residential jobs.
2-If I wasn't out calling on Agents etc,the work dried up. Seems like you must be consistently there in their face,or whoever is gets the work.
3-Insurance cost. That was about the time when everybody started demanding pollution ins.

Questions;

1- Would you hire a full time sales rep (pro)?
Could also be used for getting commercial cleaning work (I have zero now)as well,which is normally after hours work,and wouldn't conflict with schedules as much as daytime residential does.

2- What kind of ins. is required now,and how much $$$ ?
Do you still need the pollution policy for WDR, or only if you intend to do mold work?

Another problem that I ran into was doing too much of the rebuild myself. I think you're better off subbing that stuff and just stick to the drying. Easier money,less headaches.
I did everything. I have been buying and remodeling houses for 20+ years and I think the knowledge I have in that area both helped (structure knowledge)and hurt me(I did too much).

One of my best friends is a SF agent,and he wants me to start doing his work again. He doesn't have alot,but....

ps. I really don't like cold calling anymore. Plus,I really don't want the contacts to be attached to me personally either. I would prefer to train employees and monitor the jobs myself with my time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom