Sales

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
We have a guy who is interested in working 25-30 hours a week for us. Paid hourly. He is also interested in going out in a sales position to get us work. (Mostly Commercial) What is a good sales percentage to give? We were thinking 5% if he sends the potential client to us and 10% if he prices, books, and closes the sale on his own. Any thoughts or ideas?

Tried it twice and didnt work, for 2 months was good .....got lazy, rode in my truck all day with girlfriend and then set up side jobs to do himself.

Best to do it yourself if your the owner,looks better anyway.

Rex Tyus

Damn Larry. I don't know if it the way the stars are aligning or the weather or what? But we have been soooo on the same wavelength lately. That post was the first thing that popped into my head. :shock:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
5% sounds good. make him sign a non competition agreement with the harshest reprocussions explained in bold. and the amount of restition you will be seeking.

see if he likes that idea then. make him sign one every 6 months to keep it fresh in his mind.

Name
I'm Rick James
Pay him what it would cost you to advertise to that client. You can make it work and he could be a good thing for you. The thing is when you are dealing with employees that are kinda off on their own getting work it is important to guide them and support them. People usually flake off because of poor leadership from the owner. You should offer bonuses and incentives to incourage him to *be* and *feel* successful. You can do that by offering dinner gift cards, movie tickets, ect if he meets sales goals that you guys agree on.
That type of work kinda does suck, so if you make it postive and fun the more successful that employee will be. That goes the same with all employees. You can turn a bad one into a top tech but it take leadership. Leadership is defined by the ability to direct people, but more importantly have them so directed that they accept it. Kinda like raising kids, be firm but also be supportive and kind.
Also image is VERY important when getting new clients. Clean shaven, clean van, ect. You should sit down with him a teach him how to put on "the show" when dealing with clients.
Good luck I hope it works out for you.

No compete agreements are nothing more than a scare tactic and many companies have failed when it went to court. As long as he doesnt go for your clients he can do whatever he wants.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Big Pappa said:
Pay him what it would cost you to advertise to that client. You can make it work and he could be a good thing for you. The thing is when you are dealing with employees that are kinda off on their own getting work it is important to guide them and support them. People usually flake off because of poor leadership from the owner. You should offer bonuses and incentives to incourage him to *be* and *feel* successful. You can do that by offering dinner gift cards, movie tickets, ect if he meets sales goals that you guys agree on.
That type of work kinda does suck, so if you make it postive and fun the more successful that employee will be. That goes the same with all employees. You can turn a bad one into a top tech but it take leadership. Leadership is defined by the ability to direct people, but more importantly have them so directed that they accept it. Kinda like raising kids, be firm but also be supportive and kind.
Also image is VERY important when getting new clients. Clean shaven, clean van, ect. You should sit down with him a teach him how to put on "the show" when dealing with clients.
Good luck I hope it works out for you.

No compete agreements are nothing more than a scare tactic and many companies have failed when it went to court. As long as he doesnt go for your clients he can do whatever he wants.

APPLAUSE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom