Same Day Service Fees

I'm putting together all my pricing and was wondering what you guys charge for same day service?

This time of year I probably would take what I can get but in the spring time what should we charge for same day service?

I was thinking some where's in the $35 to $50 range would be reasonable, am I far off?

Mikey P

Administrator
Dont charge anything if you want them to call back.

People are people and will forget to book a appointment or have a bad dog mess to wake up to.

Don't fine them because you CAN come out the same DAY.

Night work is another matter altogether.

Becker

Name
Becker
Extra for same day service?

I can see it is it is after hours.

Does not matter if you are one truck 2 or 100 trucks, you can't make more time.
So if you are booked you'd not be able to offer same day, if you were not booked then the work would be welcome.

Weekends, or after hours might allow for an extra charge.

But you said it yourself, the work is welcome.
Kinda like the hair salon.. Walk ins welcome.

i guess you guys are right....thanks for the feedback....if I have an opening and can fit them in during regular business hours there will not be a fee but if I have to go after hours then there will be a slight charge...I think this will keep the people that could wait til the next day from having me come after hours unless it is absolute necessary...

Name
Bill Soukoreff
OK, so your going to charge $0.90 a square and charge even more for same day service.

With all you cash your bringing in can you lower the price of sticky tabs?

Or if we don't expect to receive them the same day, can you give us a discount? :D

Farenheit251

Over the years I have found that new customers who want same day will want same day again next time and just call somebody else the first time I can;t do it. It is often a lifestyle to think they can just call on their day off and one cleaner is as good as another. I fit them on if it works for me but if anyone is going to get less than 110% they will.

On the other hand it could be good marketing for a new biz to get some income. A local florist hit gold with the yellow pages headline "rush orders don't upset us". Seems alot of people need flowers sent quick and price isn't as much an issue with them.

Bill Soukoreff said:
OK, so your going to charge $0.90 a square and charge even more for same day service.
I was just throwing numbers out there for package pricing and its not for just cleaning it includes scotch guard and a 6 month spot guarentee and a lot more....I'm not expecting people to choose the most expensive package but I'm sure there are some people that are going to want the best (most expensive) package...There are a bunch of guys in our area that advertise "same day" service and in there ad it says *conditions apply...which I thought meant that there would be a service charge...

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Most of the franchise operations offer same day,just make sure you can do the jobs if you offer it.
I likewise, would not charge extra for this, it will leave a great impact on you clients. I have a competitor
doing a job for me tommorow,even though it it not be profitable for me,it is about taking care of the client when they have the need!!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you have the time, do it, if you don't you don't. If they want you bad enough to have you come out in the evening, charge 150% of your regular rate for time and a half work.

Booking enough open time during your regular hours to pick up a full job isn't wise, as you're putting off a solid customer on the chance you can pick up a bad one. Enough slack time to account for additional work at a job you've scheduled or to pick up an emergency spot job can be a good thing.

Some of the big franchises offer same day service by requiring their employees to work 12+ hour days, six days a week when they have the work. Their guys can brag about making $60,000 per year, but if they factored in their should-have-been overtime hours they might find they were making $12 an hour and giving up life outside work. High turnover occurs if the guys figure it out.

Name
George Valliant
I'm not fond of providing same day service unless it's an emergency. usually, their first question is "how much" followed by their second question "can you come today". Those folks are sometimes price shoppers and even after jumping through hoops for them you will probably never hear from them again anyway. I like the idea of same day in-home price quotes.

Name
George Valliant
Besides, I love the old saying "a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".

If I wait until the last minute, and need something done today, I gladly pay the Rush Service Fee and give a cash tip as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom