sample powder GreenGlides sent out

John Watson

What say you who have tried it????

Thursday I tried it on a Rat nasty MT rental that a friend has. Olifin berber of coarse, Red stains every where, heavy soils in TA's carpet is 2 yrs old this tennant was in there 6 months.

I mixed 2 gal up in a bucket as per inst. sprayed down and let dwell.
Rinsed with O2. The same I would have done with O2 TLC

Worst red stains in bedrooms came out with out any extra red remover. Carpet looked a little blotchy looking when done, but 1000% better than when started.

Friday afternoon, friends wife called and said it looks pretty bad, No Problem, See ya Sat Morn.

Sat Morn, Both Bedrooms looked perfect, the LDH had wicked back, This is the first call back of this nature in a long time. Some of the red stains were now light pink, It sure didn't look clean..

Mixed 1 1/2 gal Judson O2 for 500 sq ft with hot sauce. sprayed down with Multi sprayer, aggitated with glide brush, rinsed with O2 rinse. Night and day look on just rinsed compared to what was left.

Yeah if I aggitated it the first time I most probably would have had better results, but the O2 system in 9 out of 10 times didnt need it, and this is the first wick back we have had since rirht after we started using the O2 System. Finished it in 1 1/4 hrs almot dry to touch when closing door.

What do you others that tried it so far think of it???? Am I just spoiled from the O2 and was expecting too much???

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Pre-Spray usually doesnt get red stains out. If its the Fiber MAxx stuff your talking about try two scoops per gallon. I then rinse with Judsons O2 rinse. Killer combo. The wick back sounds like operator error. Have Helen run the wand. Take your ugly ass down the street and hang door flyers.

Golden Boy

John Watson

Hey there, The Great Waldo Peckar head, Helen agrees with you.

On olifin we hardly ever use that red stain remover, our TLC seems gets it out most of the time. All the pink appeared to be gone using the O2 with hot sauce today.

Next time I try the powder (I believe it is Fiber Maxx) I will try to double it.

Thanks for your input bud.. You get a haircut yet ???

G

I tried it in an Apartment; Definently smells good according to Property Manager. Secret Sauce still better; but it has no smell to it; I usually post spray a deodorizer before grooming. However due to good custy request I will be buying more because they like the smell.

John Watson

Yes, I noticed the lemon when I mixed it thursday, but not much when I applied it. Today the carpet and house still had a stinky people smell and had just been painted and washed so I also added DD12 which made the other smells nil

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Ok, Ricky what's your Secret Sauce made of? I've got to try it since you are always talking about how great it is. Thanks for sharing.

Who makes hot sauce. Do you guys who use judson use it on EVERYTHING?? Light stuff to nasty stuff?? Do the drying agents in that stuff really make a difference?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Being able to use it on everything is the greatest selling tool for the Judson stuff. From orientals and furniture to tile and grout. Besides a few specialty spotters, the Judson Oxygen prespray, booster and rinse is all you need on your van.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Marty, don't get the young fellar confused in thinking he can used the Judson Juice boosted with Hot sauce on every carpet. There is discussion of a couple differen't presprays here. Judson's O2 prespray and O2 rinse. Judson's O2 prespray boosted with the hot sauce modifier for really bad carpet and O2 rinse. Some sample stuff that Greenie sent out to a few people to try. Sorry if you realized this I had to type it up to be sure myself.. lol eyes are gettings tired..

To
carpetcleaninfarmer said:
Who makes hot sauce. Do you guys who use judson use it on EVERYTHING?? Light stuff to nasty stuff?? Do the drying agents in that stuff really make a difference?
Judson O2prespray is a very well formulated prespray for a good majority of the soiling situations encountered from day to day, coupled with the O2 rinse, and yes it dries quckly and leaves no residue. Add in the Hot Sauce Modiefier by Judson made especeilly to mis with the O2 prespray and it boosts the cleaning ability without the need of doubling the concentration of the Judson dilution mixture. So.. yes it can be used on almost anything and when mixed accordingly.

hogjowl

Idiot™
What I am saying is the Judson O2 system can be used on anything. From floors to carpets to upholstery and rugs. If you can't figure out when to use the hot sauce and when not to, then it's time to get a job at Wal-Mart.

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry I believe the "oxidizer in JJ02 is Sodium Borate (Na2B4O7·10H2O) which has been used on and around wool for just about ever.

Now the Hot Sauce additive with has Percarbonate in it, probably should not be used unless it could be rinsed out quickly.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i have stayed with the jj system for just on a year now , on all types of jobs . once you learn how to make the mix right and when you do and dont need the hot sauce

it becomes the only and chem you need on the truck . (red out etc not included) and the best value for money
but thats just me a happy hack

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
carpetcleaninfarmer said:

Just about everything, including, (without hot sauce), wool and cotton. Drying agents in the rinse are especially helpful with natural fibers.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Oxidizers should NOT be used for cleaning wool rugs !!

Where are the experienced rug plant guys ?

Guys that get away with using oxidizers on everything believe they do no wrong, and there is no way to convince them of anything different until they get caught and have to pay for the damage they do. Most don't get caught, so why should they care?

Greenie

I found this tid bit interesting in a wool insulation document, take note of the second paragraph as the borax stays with the fiber forever...intentionally.

1.3.2 Borax: A naturally occurring, non volatile salt, Borax is used throughout the
construction industry due to its many inherent advantages. Borax used in Sheep Wool
Insulation acts primarily as a pest-repellent by inhibiting the development of beetles,
moths, ants and cockroaches. Borax is practically non toxic to birds, fish, aquatic
invertebrates, and relatively non toxic to beneficial insects. Borax also enhances the
fire rating of construction materials as well as preserving the materials over time.

1.3.3 Rubber: A natural latex rubber solution is used in the post-scouring (washing)
stage of production. The rubber solution is applied hot and allows a coating of Borax
(1.3.2) to be applied to each fibre and to stay with the product for its lifetime. The
rubber coating is porous in nature and does not interfere with the hygroscopic
characteristics of the wool fibres. The addition of the rubber coating also increases the
memory-effect of the product as mentioned in 1.3.1.

The Great Oz said:
Oxidizers should NOT be used for cleaning wool rugs !!

Where are the experienced rug plant guys ?

Guys that get away with using oxidizers on everything believe they do no wrong, and there is no way to convince them of anything different until they get caught and have to pay for the damage they do. Most don't get caught, so why should they care?

What is your opinion of the use of Sodium Borate on wool fibers?

thanks

les

G

Of course the red stain came out!!! Its berber!

Lets see it on a white nylon carpet!!!

Just like the Oxymagic comercials "THEY USE BERBER CARPETING"""
its stain resintant except the 7% of nylon thats mix in.

Greenie

We have lots of customers using the o2 exclusively on wools...I know at some point Les might have said otherwise, but plenty are doing it with no issues. pH7.5

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I have no opinion of the product John used and have no interest in researching and debating the merits of a particular product. I was responding directly to Larry's comment about oxidizer use on wool by guys that haven't been told about the potential side effects. Maybe someone with more knowledge, say with a degree in textile science and/or chemistry, would be interested in debating the nitty grittys.

I found this tid bit interesting in a wool insulation document, take note of the second paragraph as the borax stays with the fiber forever...intentionally.
Using borax as a flameproofer in insulation is not a problem, since insulation doesn't need to retain the wool fiber's tensile strength. Using a low concentration of borax as an additional flameproofer on wool textiles in an aircraft is an example of trading a small amount of the strength of the fiber for the greater good of public safety.

What is your opinion of the use of Sodium Borate on wool fibers?
Less damaging to wool than many other oxidizers in common use and is often used to whiten low-grade yellow wool, but still has the potential to weaken wool fiber and remove color. How much is determined by concentration, how hot (temp.) the solution and how long it remains in contact with the fiber before being rinsed. (I'm not slamming your product, it might be great for use on wool and terrific with Cheerios for breakfast.) If one of the great things about the product is that it "whitens and brightens" there is a potential concern.

Obviously there are times when something that will kill you, when used intelligently, can be a good thing when it cures something life-threatening even given potential side effects. Using radiation to try and cure acne might kill or injure an otherwise healthy patient and the doctor using it would deserve a malpractice lawsuit. Sorry for the extreme analogy.

PS: A 7.5 product buffered to retain that pH can do far more damage than an unbuffered 9.5. Again, I'm not familiar with the product discussed here so this is just a general statement. And again, the average cleaner's idea of "no issues" is that they got paid and the customer hasn't noticed anything they could pin on them yet. Typically the customer won't know the shedding, early wear, fading, or felting (or in the case of many areas rugs, massive dye bleed) is the fault of a cleaning done months or years ago.

Is any of this still part of the carpet inspection course?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom